Virgin - Change of Packages

Old February 17th 07, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Virgin - Change of Packages

I have been with Virgin for over 10 years and am currently on Broadband
Plan One 24.99 up to 8mb with unlimited downloads.

I notice on their "new" virginmedia website Plan One no longer exists and
there is a Unlimited Broadband (Plan 2) 17.99 up to 8mb with unlimited
downloads.

It appears there is no difference in the 2 packages and it looks as if I'm
paying an extra 7 per month for no extra benefits.

Am I getting ripped off for 7.00 per month?
Old February 17th 07, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

Pete wrote:
I have been with Virgin for over 10 years and am currently on Broadband
Plan One 24.99 up to 8mb with unlimited downloads.

I notice on their "new" virginmedia website Plan One no longer exists and
there is a Unlimited Broadband (Plan 2) 17.99 up to 8mb with unlimited
downloads.

It appears there is no difference in the 2 packages and it looks as if I'm
paying an extra 7 per month for no extra benefits.

Am I getting ripped off for 7.00 per month?

You and a lot of other people. I'm leaving Virgin at the end of the
month. I'm sick of paying for their appalling Internet service and even
worse customer services. I'm going over to Zen and won't be looking back...

John.
Old February 18th 07, 02:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
inbits

"Pete" expressed in message
. ..
I have been with Virgin for over 10 years and am currently on Broadband
Plan One 24.99 up to 8mb with unlimited downloads.

I notice on their "new" virginmedia website Plan One no longer exists and
there is a Unlimited Broadband (Plan 2) 17.99 up to 8mb with unlimited
downloads.

It appears there is no difference in the 2 packages and it looks as if I'm
paying an extra 7 per month for no extra benefits.

Am I getting ripped off for 7.00 per month?

I would say yes, but you get what you pay for, if your usage is light you
could get the same for a lot less. Also depends on your "actual" speed,
dependent on line length from exchange & external and internal factors.

I'm sticking with them until my free (daughters mobile) period runs out. I
will then most likely move to Skastard murdochy. But as this won't be
until September and bearing in mind fluidity of service from providers over
the last year this may well change before then.

Cheers, Sean

Old February 18th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Pete wrote:
I have been with Virgin for over 10 years and am currently on
Broadband Plan One 24.99 up to 8mb with unlimited downloads.

I notice on their "new" virginmedia website Plan One no longer exists
and there is a Unlimited Broadband (Plan 2) 17.99 up to 8mb with
unlimited downloads.

It appears there is no difference in the 2 packages and it looks as
if I'm paying an extra 7 per month for no extra benefits.

Am I getting ripped off for 7.00 per month?

Phone them up, they are very happy to offer you a better deal.

Old February 20th 07, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Me wrote:
Pete wrote:
I have been with Virgin for over 10 years and am currently on Broadband
Plan One 24.99 up to 8mb with unlimited downloads.

I notice on their "new" virginmedia website Plan One no longer exists and
there is a Unlimited Broadband (Plan 2) 17.99 up to 8mb with unlimited
downloads.

It appears there is no difference in the 2 packages and it looks as if I'm
paying an extra 7 per month for no extra benefits.

Am I getting ripped off for 7.00 per month?

You and a lot of other people. I'm leaving Virgin at the end of the
month. I'm sick of paying for their appalling Internet service and even
worse customer services. I'm going over to Zen and won't be looking back...

The new prices are very similar to the old NTL prices. My 2MB cable has gone up
a penny to 18.