SPA-2100: Setting up Speed Dial?

Old February 18th 07, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ian

Default SPA-2100: Setting up Speed Dial?

I'm trying to set up speed dialing on an SPA-2100.

Under Voice Advanced Line 1 Supplementary Service Description, I
have set Speed Dial Serv to Yes.

Under Voice Advanced User 1 Speed Dial Settings, I have put a
phone number, terminated with #, into the Speed Dial 2 box.

But when I dial 2 on the phone, all I get is a long silence followed by
the number unobtainable tone.

I have also tried entering the phone number from the phone itself, by
dialing *2 followed by the number and a #. Again, I get number
unobtainable (I was expecting an acknowledgement of two short beeps),
and the phone number does not appear in the web's Speed Dial 2 box.

What am I missing?

--
Ian
Old February 18th 07, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:06:25 GMT, ian wrote:

I'm trying to set up speed dialing on an SPA-2100.

Under Voice Advanced Line 1 Supplementary Service Description, I
have set Speed Dial Serv to Yes.

Under Voice Advanced User 1 Speed Dial Settings, I have put a
phone number, terminated with #, into the Speed Dial 2 box.

But when I dial 2 on the phone, all I get is a long silence followed by
the number unobtainable tone.

I have also tried entering the phone number from the phone itself, by
dialing *2 followed by the number and a #. Again, I get number
unobtainable (I was expecting an acknowledgement of two short beeps),
and the phone number does not appear in the web's Speed Dial 2 box.

What am I missing?

I am only familiar with the SPA-3000. However, I think that it will be
the same. To call speed dials you dial the speed dial number followed
by a #, eg. 2#.
I don't think that there is a need to follow the speed dial entry, in
User 1, by a #.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 18th 07, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ian

In message , Brian A
writes
I am only familiar with the SPA-3000. However, I think that it will be
the same. To call speed dials you dial the speed dial number followed
by a #, eg. 2#.
I don't think that there is a need to follow the speed dial entry, in
User 1, by a #.

Magic! Now why didn't I think of that!

Many thanks Brian.

--