Old September 6th 17, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Henson

Default BT's DNS servers

On 05/09/2017 9:28 pm, 7 wrote:
Bob Henson wrote:

I use BT Infinity 1 and I've been having problems with time-outs for
some weeks now. The connection speed is high and there are no drop-outs
as such when you finally get past the time-outs. I'm connected to the
router by ethernet cable. Test changes of (Windows 7) email clients and
browsers made no improvement, so I came to the conclusion it was BT's
DNS servers.

Try google's 8.8.8.8 for comparison

That's what I switched to - via Windows networking rather than the
locked router. It works a treat so far. Pages find/load faster than they
have done for some time.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Bank Manager: A man who lends you his umbrella on a sunny day, and
demands it back as soon as it rains. - Mark Twain