Old September 6th 17, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Henson

Default BT's DNS servers

On 06/09/2017 10:12 am, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 08:14:50 +0100, Bob Henson
wrote:

Try google's 8.8.8.8 for comparison

That's what I switched to - via Windows networking rather than the
locked router. It works a treat so far. Pages find/load faster than they
have done for some time.

But Google probably knows everything you're looking at...

Rod.

True - but I have Google UK set as my home page, and until I switched
the DNS servers it took an eternity for the BT servers to find Google at
all - it was the worst of all for page errors. Now it snaps into place
as soon as Chrome loads.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England