Sky woes!

Old February 18th 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

Default Sky woes!

Well, this is more of an update, but I need to moan!
Sky bb ordered and installed (according to their automated telephone
message) on 24th Jan. This is an installation for my mother-in-law.
Anyway, went round her house, supplied router does not sync. Checked all of
the phone wiring, and connected to the test socket - nothing!
Sky (Netgear) box works in my house no problem.
Various calls to Sky, and they insist it is a BT fault. Guess what, BT
insist it is a Sky fault. Absolutely no way to get either to visit the
house. All Sky call centres are either in the Philippines or India or
Scotland. None can speak/understand English.
If it were me, I'd tell 'em to take their stuff (and the £50/month TV
package) and shove it up their $£%#.
Would another ISP be different? Possibly not, but in this case it's Sky who
get the award of most f**king unhelpful outfit.

Old February 18th 07, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Grumps wrote:
Various calls to Sky, and they insist it is a BT fault. Guess what, BT
insist it is a Sky fault.

Do Sky say what sort of fault it is? If the fault is related to the
voice/PSTN service then you would contact BT. If the fault is related to
the broadband service (provision etc), then it is down to Sky to get BT
to fix it, or fix it themselves if they are able to.
Old February 18th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message news:[email protected]
Grumps wrote:
Various calls to Sky, and they insist it is a BT fault. Guess what, BT
insist it is a Sky fault.

Do Sky say what sort of fault it is? If the fault is related to the
voice/PSTN service then you would contact BT. If the fault is related to
the broadband service (provision etc), then it is down to Sky to get BT to
fix it, or fix it themselves if they are able to.

No, Sky just say "it's a BT fault madam". Of course, this is not first hand
info as my MIL (as the Sky subscriber and account holder) is the one making
the support calls.
I did make the first call as soon as it was observed as non-working, and the
nice Indian lady said she would escalate the matter and somone would call
back.

Old February 18th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Grumps" wrote in message
"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Grumps wrote:
Various calls to Sky, and they insist it is a BT fault. Guess
what, BT insist it is a Sky fault.

Do Sky say what sort of fault it is? If the fault is related to the
voice/PSTN service then you would contact BT. If the fault is
related to the broadband service (provision etc), then it is down
to Sky to get BT to fix it, or fix it themselves if they are able
to.

No, Sky just say "it's a BT fault madam". Of course, this is not
first hand info as my MIL (as the Sky subscriber and account holder)
is the one making the support calls.
I did make the first call as soon as it was observed as non-working,
and the nice Indian lady said she would escalate the matter and
somone would call back.

Sorry but it does appear to be standard practice of a few of the LLU
ISP, that is saying that any fault is BT's fault (even when it's been
proved to the non working LLU equipment in the exchange). You are
your ISPs customer so therefore the fault is their problem to fix not
BT (don't phone up 151 & raise a fault as you should be charged for
the visit & nothing be done) & keep chasing them until they get their
finger out of whatever orifice it is stuck up & actually do something
for the money you are paying them, not BT, for. If it is a BT problem
they have to then raise it with BT as they are paying BT for the
service you are supposedly getting, which for some reason they, on the
whole, appear to be very reluctant to do.