Old September 8th 17, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

Default BT sneaky offer

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 11:46:31 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 13:43:28 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

BT sent me an email today subject "Our BT Smart Hub could be yours today"

I've had an email offering me an even cheaper than the quite low cost
unlimited standard broadband price I'm already paying and I have a
week to sort it out.

Seems as if they want to supply a new hub for "just" the delivery
charge of 9.99 and given that I've still got a HomeHub 4 from April
2014 it perhaps is tempting and I wonder if there's a speed
improvement to go with that.

Aarghh - the email is not intended for me . For many years I've
wanted the email eg but it was takend so I ended
up with as my primary (going back to dial-up days
when you could have as many addresses as you wanted).

A few years later the a*** became free so I added it to my
sub-accounts but its user continued to think they had it and I've had
a number of email intended for them and told the sender accordingly.

They recently cancelled their broadband (I told bt I had received
their notification including their address in a different part of the
UK).

Anyhow this SPECIAL offer is aimed at them and not me. I wonder what
will happen if I ring up and say I want it?

--
AnthonyL