FREE NEWSGROUP SERVER

Old February 18th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default FREE NEWSGROUP SERVER

Hi,

Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free newsgroup server
I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows Vista's Mail too).

I'm shortly moving to Sky.

Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?

If not, what should I use?

Old February 18th 07, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
Hi,

Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free
newsgroup server I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows
Vista's Mail too).

I'm shortly moving to Sky.

Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?

Should have checked shouldn't you.....Anyway answer is no they don't,
they appear to have problems getting their POP to consistently work
let alone newsgroups....

If not, what should I use?

Google & do a search, there are a few out there, but if you are
looking for a server which carries binaries I'm afraid you'll have to
pay for the use of most (if not all).

Old February 18th 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:13:31 -0000, "Dave Boomhauer"
wrote:

|!Hi,
|!
|!Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free newsgroup server
|!I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows Vista's Mail too).
|!
|!I'm shortly moving to Sky.
|!
|!Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?
|!
|!If not, what should I use?
news.individual.net *text only*
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
Old February 18th 07, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
Hi,
Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free newsgroup
server I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows Vista's Mail too).
I'm shortly moving to Sky.
Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?
If not, what should I use?

you could try

freenews.netfront.net

Steve Terry

Old February 18th 07, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:13:31 -0000, "Dave Boomhauer"
wrote:

!Hi,
!
!Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free
newsgroup server !I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows
Vista's Mail too). !
!I'm shortly moving to Sky.
!
!Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?
!
!If not, what should I use?

news.individual.net *text only*

Except that it's not free - although 10 Euros p.a. is unlikely to break the
bank.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old February 19th 07, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bryan

"kraftee" wrote in message

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
Hi,

Unless Sky Broadband already supply the above I need a free newsgroup
server I can connect to using Outlook Express (Windows Vista's Mail too).

I'm shortly moving to Sky.

Do Sky have their own newsgroup server?

Should have checked shouldn't you.....Anyway answer is no they don't, they
appear to have problems getting their POP to consistently work let alone
newsgroups....

If not, what should I use?

Google & do a search, there are a few out there, but if you are looking
for a server which carries binaries I'm afraid you'll have to pay for the
use of most (if not all).

news.readfreenews.net does binaries groups although I can't see many threads
with actual binaries attached! news.datemas.de is a very good one for free
newsgroups.

Old February 20th 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

kraftee wrote:

Google & do a search, there are a few out there, but if you are
looking for a server which carries binaries I'm afraid you'll have to
pay for the use of most (if not all).

http://www.yottanews.com/ carry binary groups.

Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to Internet! ------
Old February 20th 07, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

G a z . wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://www.yottanews.com/ carry binary groups.

Rgds,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @

Bob, can I suggest that you visit either of the following newsgroups

alt.free.newsservers

alt.binaries.news-server-comparison

Shall do as you suggest.

As if you were to read some of the posts/replies/threads in them, you
will see that yottanews is nothing more than lame email harvesting
ploy.

Interesting. I'd not heard this. Just know of a few people who use it
for limited binary downloading (in which case I can't see your address
being harvested if you're careful)

You would do far better to advise people to pay a small amount either
yearly or monthly, as you do get what you pay for!

I use Astraweb so am aware what money can buy. The title of the thread
however was *free* newsgroup server

Kind Rgds,