Old September 11th 17, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

Default "Bridge Tap" on the BT Wholesale Availability Checker

The BT Wholesale Availability Checker
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm
now has a field under "Premise environment" for "Bridge Tap".

The status can be either "U" (for unknown ?), "Y", or "N".

If I check phone numbers where I know there's no DSL, the
status is shown as "U". If I check my number the status is
shown as "N" - good, I have VDSL, and I've made sure there
are no bridge taps. I don't know anyone who has VDSL with
bridge taps, so I can't check for "Y".

But I don't know what status is reported on lines with ADSL
on them. Aren't bridge taps purely a VDSL issue ? So do
lines with ADSL on them have a status of "U" ? Or does the
BT Checker notice bridge taps on ADSL lines as well as VDSL
lines ?

A friend of mine recently upgraded from ADSL to VDSL and
his status went from "U" to "N". But other numbers I've
tried have statuses of "N" and "Y" - where I think the line
is still only ADSL.