Broadband usage with Belkin rrouter

Old February 19th 07, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Naylor

Default Broadband usage with Belkin rrouter

Hi,

I have a mixture of wireless and wired PCs connected via a Belkin F5D7632-4
Broadband router, like most UK users my ISP now enforces their Fair Usage
policy and tracks my bandwidth usage over a month. As neither Belkin nor
Orange can supply me with a way of tracking my usage I seem to be limited to
the following 2 options neither of which is ideal.

1. Have each user manually track their usage as monitoring programmes look
at the PC's network port which is carrying both Bradband and internal
network transfer.
2. Change the router for one that reports usage internally.

Has anyone got another solution?

Thanks

Graham

Old February 19th 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Graham Naylor wrote:
Hi,

I have a mixture of wireless and wired PCs connected via a Belkin F5D7632-4
Broadband router, like most UK users my ISP now enforces their Fair Usage
policy and tracks my bandwidth usage over a month. As neither Belkin nor
Orange can supply me with a way of tracking my usage I seem to be limited to
the following 2 options neither of which is ideal.

The following posted today in this group was similar and may generate a
few replies.

Author: John Geddes wrote:
Subject:Tracking Broadband usage
Message ID:

With hardware routers so popular unless the router has this feature it
is difficult to monitor.

My own router mentions packets and blocks and I'm not sure how this
relates to MBs or GBs :-(

Geoff Lane