Claranet off-peak ADSL account

Old February 19th 07, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.net.providers
NoNeedToKnow

Default Claranet off-peak ADSL account

I've seen the off-peak (Mon to Fri nights, and all weekend) account from
Claranet http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/broadband/offpeak-main.php
but would like to know if anyone has run speed tests on this, please.

Looks useful to me, or anyone whose usage is not daytime, and at a
moderate price, too. Views from Clara users welcome.
Old February 19th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.net.providers
GM6TRS

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
I've seen the off-peak (Mon to Fri nights, and all weekend) account

from
Claranet

http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/broadband/offpeak-main.php
but would like to know if anyone has run speed tests on this,

please.

Looks useful to me, or anyone whose usage is not daytime, and at a
moderate price, too. Views from Clara users welcome.

I see the product is now Max Home Offpeak for new users. I've had 1MB
fixed offpeak since Nov 2005, and almost always get 1007 Kbps on
Auditmypc speed test. I don't recall it ever being less than 940.
Upstream is always 255.5.

Started with Claranet in Nov 2001, and have never had the slightest
inclination to change.

Helpdesk is 0845 number, rarely called, but answered promptly by
reasonably clued-up people when needed.

Martin

Old February 20th 07, 05:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.net.providers
NoNeedToKnow

"GM6TRS" gm6trsATclaradotcodotuk wrote:

I see the product is now Max Home Offpeak for new users. I've had 1MB
fixed offpeak since Nov 2005, and almost always get 1007 Kbps on
Auditmypc speed test. I don't recall it ever being less than 940.
Upstream is always 255.5.

Thanks for the info, Martin. Pleased to see those details from you.

Started with Claranet in Nov 2001, and have never had the slightest
inclination to change. Helpdesk is 0845 number, rarely called,
but answered promptly by reasonably clued-up people when needed.

Indeed. Had been with Clara from around '98 or '99 - really cannot
remember exactly when, but was using BT Internet and Freeserve for
dial-up during the day, and Clara's Freetime Unlimited (poor choice
of name, considering what was limited on that one!) until I was able
to upgrade to Freeserve ADSL before "wires only" went live in 2002.
Have used, and recommended the news + mail account for some years.
Old February 21st 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GM6TRS

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message

Indeed. Had been with Clara from around '98 or '99 - really cannot
remember exactly when, but was using BT Internet and Freeserve for
dial-up during the day, and Clara's Freetime Unlimited (poor choice
of name, considering what was limited on that one!) until I was able
to upgrade to Freeserve ADSL before "wires only" went live in 2002.
Have used, and recommended the news + mail account for some years.

Just found out today that in the Members Area, from 30 Jan, you can
check ADSL usage; not just the times as before, but daily/monthly
download totals in GB.