ADSL drops when phone rings ...

Old February 19th 07, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

Default ADSL drops when phone rings ...

Anyone ever had this problem? ie. incoming call causes the ADSL signal
to drop. An outgoing call is OK.

Setup is a standard NTE5 with single outlet going into a microfilter
with 2 sockets on it, one goes to a fax machine, the other to the ADSL
modem/router - Draytek 2600)

I have changed the microfilter, swapped out the ADSL router, even
unplugged the fax machine that shares the line with the ADSL. ADSL is a
bog-standard 2Mb/256Kb service (Plusnet, but thats probably irelevant,
it's a non LLU exchange on the edge of Dartmoor)

I'm suspecting the NTE5 might be kaput - they had a total failure of
microfilter and router some time back after a storm... Has anyone seen
the likes of this before?

If it's the NTE5 - what's the "proper" course of action? I can obtain and
fit them myself, but as this is a clients site, I'd rather be "proper"
about it if possible - will BT come & check/fix it wihout a charge,
or will they charge?

Thanks

Gordon
Old February 19th 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone ever had this problem? ie. incoming call causes the ADSL signal
to drop. An outgoing call is OK.

Yes.

How much attenuation do you have on the downstream signal ?

Graham

Old February 19th 07, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone ever had this problem? ie. incoming call causes the ADSL signal
to drop. An outgoing call is OK.

Yes.

How much attenuation do you have on the downstream signal ?

Hm. Never thought to check, but it's not that marginal...

Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
G.DMT SHOWTIME 288000 2272000 26.0 33.5

Gordon
Old February 19th 07, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone ever had this problem? ie. incoming call causes the ADSL
signal to drop. An outgoing call is OK.

Yes.

How much attenuation do you have on the downstream signal ?

Hm. Never thought to check, but it's not that marginal...

Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
G.DMT SHOWTIME 288000 2272000 26.0 33.5

Gordon

Get them to get PN to get Openreach to site, only correct course open
to you after you've checked all you can...

Old February 19th 07, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone ever had this problem? ie. incoming call causes the ADSL signal
to drop. An outgoing call is OK.

Yes.

How much attenuation do you have on the downstream signal ?

Hm. Never thought to check, but it's not that marginal...

Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
G.DMT SHOWTIME 288000 2272000 26.0 33.5

In my case the problem was a BT RF2 filter on the incoming line ( it's overhead ) but
I had a lot more attenuation than that.

Graham