2772kbps to 4224kbps variation on Max

Old February 19th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default 2772kbps to 4224kbps variation on Max

I am currently on ADSL Max but notice my line syncs vary quite a lot.

I have seen as low as 2772kbps and as high as 4224kbps.

Is it normal for a line to vary this much, or is it likely to be a fault?

Is there anything I can do to make the syncs more stable?

I have the Modem-Router connected directly to the master socket, using a BT
ADSL faceplate filter.

The router is a DG834G.

Thanks Mike

Old February 19th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Mike wrote:
I am currently on ADSL Max but notice my line syncs vary quite a
lot.

I have seen as low as 2772kbps and as high as 4224kbps.

Is it normal for a line to vary this much, or is it likely to be a
fault?

Is there anything I can do to make the syncs more stable?

I have the Modem-Router connected directly to the master socket,
using a BT ADSL faceplate filter.

The router is a DG834G.

Thanks Mike

Depends on what time of day they were taken, what the
weather/atmospherics are like (hell even the sun spot cycle could
affect your SNR & thus effect your speed), have you got a new sky/free
veiw top up box etc.

If they were taken about the same time on different days then there
could be a problem but a hell of a lot more information is required to
give anything other than a poke & hope answer...