Virgin Media advert

Old February 21st 07, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Alex Brown

Default Virgin Media advert

On 20 Feb 2007 06:37:08 -0800, "Evan" wrote:

Virgin mobile for a tenner is a done deal. I got the sim today. I
happened to notice a typo in my billing name, so I called. I curiously
asked if their new cousins at Virgin media would know to discount my
bill to £20 as I'm a new mobile customer. They very readily admitted
that I should call to make sure. Good thing I did.

The first agent I spoke to at Virgin Media (dialled 150 from home
phone and following billing route) told me that no such 3 for £30 plan
existed. If I wanted a mobile service to be included, my option was 4
for £40. I was verrrrrry polite and told her she was wrong and I would
(for a third time) check the website and call back. I called back and
spoke to a different rep who reduced my bill to £20.00, though by her
own admission, it was a favour to me!!

What do I have to do to prove to them they are advertising this on
their website. I have an email with screen grabs ready to send to a
manager. One is supposed to call me back to discuss this (yeah right).

Hi Evan

If you want to mail me some details I'll see if I can get someone to
help.

Cheers

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager
Old February 21st 07, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Alex Brown

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:05:07 +0000, J Clavox
wrote:

What's the deal here? YOU CAN'T REFUSE TO SELL A SERVICE YOU ARE
FLAGRANTLY ADVERTISING MR BRANSON!

It isn't really Richards fault it is the fault of the useless staff
his senor managers employ .

Hi Ron,

Hope you're well.

Alex

Old February 21st 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

wrote:

What's the deal here? YOU CAN'T REFUSE TO SELL A SERVICE YOU ARE
FLAGRANTLY ADVERTISING MR BRANSON!

It isn't really Richards fault it is the fault of the useless staff
his senor managers employ .

Hi Ron,

Hope you're well.

One has to wonder why you keep sayin that.
"Hope you're well"

Me and Ron will start screamin when it changes to, "careful how you go
tonight, it's dangerous out there"

Old February 21st 07, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Adam Funk

On 2007-02-20, J Clavox wrote:

On 20 Feb 2007 06:37:08 -0800, "Evan" wrote:

What's the deal here? YOU CAN'T REFUSE TO SELL A SERVICE YOU ARE
FLAGRANTLY ADVERTISING MR BRANSON!

It isn't really Richards fault it is the fault of the useless staff
his senor managers employ .

ITYM "señores managers" in the plural.
Old February 21st 07, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Mac

With cable you will always get 10MB, and the easy way to provide it is to go
to gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk and download a file there.

2Mb is about 240KBps, 4Mb is 480KBps and 10Mb about 1200KBps.

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
They state "the speed advertised is the speed you get"

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2434/virginvh1.jpg

Old February 21st 07, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

"Mac" wrote in message
With cable you will always get 10MB, and the easy way to provide it is
to go to gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk and download a file there.

2Mb is about 240KBps, 4Mb is 480KBps and 10Mb about 1200KBps.

What day of the month is the best time to try?

Old February 21st 07, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Evan

On 21 Feb, 12:19, ("David G. Bell") wrote:

What's the deal here? YOU CAN'T REFUSE TO SELL A SERVICE YOU ARE
FLAGRANTLY ADVERTISING MR BRANSON!

I had the impression that Virgin Media was Mr. Branson selling a licence
to use the brandname to an existing large ISP operation.

Whether or not this is true, the apparent clue deficiency, reported here
and elsewhere, does nothing for the value of the Virgin brandname.

Richard Branson seems to genuinely care about his brands though, which
is why I'm name dropping. Obviously he didn't code the HTML for the
website.