NNTP NEWS ACCOUNT

Old February 21st 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default NNTP NEWS ACCOUNT

I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

Old February 21st 07, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian G

Herbie wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:31:37 -0000, "Dave Boomhauer"
wrote:

I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for,
even after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English)
that allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or
Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

Try http://news.individual.net/

For Dave,

This one is well worth the money, I've been using it now as my main
newsreader for nearly two years or so and it's never let me down!

A rock steady connection, good propagation and retention - all in all a good
service.

Brian G

Old February 21st 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

http://www.datemas.de/news/

Free News Server

Old February 22nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Dave Boomhauer wrote:
I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for,
even after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

Not sure if it is text only but news2.homelinux.org is presently
allowing posting and is free.

Seems a bit slow propagating messages though.

Geoff Lane
Old February 22nd 07, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

For text only:
http://news.individual.net

For a block account service that includes binaries:
http://usenet-news.net
5GB is only $3USD

Old February 22nd 07, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

You can always use new.google.com via the web till you are sorted,,,,

Old February 22nd 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Howard

Dave Boomhauer wrote:

I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

Claranet offer a 10 UKP per year basic text/email usenet
subscription service. Good retention and is, in the main, reliable.

Howard
--
hedmundoatmacmaildotcom
Old February 22nd 07, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Howard
writes
Dave Boomhauer wrote:

I've posted this before, but don't really know what I'm looking for, even
after the advise so I'll be more specific......

I'm moving to Sky BB. I need a text only usenet account (English) that
allows posting (ie not read only).

In a nutshell like one supplied with an ISP such as PlusNet or Namesco.

Sky don't supply one though so I need to find one quick and it must
include:-

uk.telecom.broadband and

alt.os.windows-vista

Claranet offer a 10 UKP per year basic text/email usenet
subscription service. Good retention and is, in the main, reliable.

doesn't have alt.os.windows-vista although they'd probably add it. I've
now asked that they do.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old February 22nd 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 22 Feb 2007, "dave @ stejonda" wrote:

Dave Boomhauer wrote:
uk.telecom.broadband and
alt.os.windows-vista

doesn't have alt.os.windows-vista although they'd probably add it.

Just checked 5 news services (Astraweb, GigaNews - free with Eclipse,
Centaur - a US firm offering monthly paid-for news access), plus the
free service from Motzarella.org and TeraNews.com.

Only two of them currently carry the windows-vista group... GigaNews
and TeraNews (which puts it's own advert on the bottom of posts).

--
www.netdimes.org - mapping the internet.
Join team UK-24x7 (position 135) Let's beat "Italy" :-

Old February 23rd 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ray Banana

* NoNeedToKnow wrote:

Just checked 5 news services (Astraweb, GigaNews - free with Eclipse,
Centaur - a US firm offering monthly paid-for news access), plus the
free service from Motzarella.org and TeraNews.com.
Only two of them currently carry the windows-vista group... GigaNews
and TeraNews (which puts it's own advert on the bottom of posts).

Sometimes it takes just a hint to get your favourite group added
to a news server. Motzarella now carries alt.os.windows-vista.

But I NeedToKnow

scnr

--
http://news.motzarella.org