ADSLMax again!

Old February 23rd 07, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Default ADSLMax again!

I am new to ADSL Max. I was installing a new router today and this
seems to have dropped the speed (due to the several reconnects?) - but there
is now about 14dB S/N

I belive that the speed will start to ramp back up after 3 days or so of
solid connection time. Can the router and the DSLAM do this while still
connected - or does the DSLAM mark the higher speed to be tried on the next
reconnect?
Old February 23rd 07, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Brian McIlwrath wrote:

I am new to ADSL Max. I was installing a new router today and this
seems to have dropped the speed (due to the several reconnects?) - but there
is now about 14dB S/N

I belive that the speed will start to ramp back up after 3 days or so of
solid connection time. Can the router and the DSLAM do this while still
connected - or does the DSLAM mark the higher speed to be tried on the next
reconnect?

Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take quite a few days
btw.

Graham

Old February 24th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Jones

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Brian McIlwrath wrote:

I am new to ADSL Max. I was installing a new router today and this
seems to have dropped the speed (due to the several reconnects?) - but

there
is now about 14dB S/N

I belive that the speed will start to ramp back up after 3 days or so of
solid connection time. Can the router and the DSLAM do this while still
connected - or does the DSLAM mark the higher speed to be tried on the

next
reconnect?

Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take quite a few

days
btw.

Graham

Is the above tre for both IPStream and Datastream connections?

Old February 24th 07, 03:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Terry Jones wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take quite a few
days btw.

Is the above tre for both IPStream and Datastream connections?

As far as I know. I can't think of any good reason why not. You might want to
reboot the router maybe every couple of days perhaps just for good measure.
Routers do 'clog up' so to speak occasionally.

Graham

Old February 24th 07, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Eeyore wrote:
: Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take quite a few days
: btw.

Thanks!
Old February 24th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Eeyore wrote:
Terry Jones wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take
quite a few days btw.

Is the above tre for both IPStream and Datastream connections?

As far as I know. I can't think of any good reason why not. You
might want to reboot the router maybe every couple of days perhaps
just for good measure. Routers do 'clog up' so to speak
occasionally.

Graham

Remembering to reboot in the EVENING as the SNR tends to be worse
then. That way you will be getting realistic sync speeds quicker...

Old February 26th 07, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beaky

Can you define "Clog up"?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 03:59:33 -0000, Eeyore

Old February 26th 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Beaky wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Terry Jones wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message

Just leave it connected. It'll sort itself out. It does take quite a
few days btw.

Is the above tre for both IPStream and Datastream connections?

As far as I know. I can't think of any good reason why not. You might
want to reboot the router maybe every couple of days perhaps just for good
measure. Routers do 'clog up' so to speak occasionally.

Can you define "Clog up"?

Not precisely.

Quite exactly what happens internally I don't know - possibly a stack gets too
big. In any case it's no bad idea to reboot them occasionally.

Graham