Help needed for good ISP

Old February 24th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

Default Help needed for good ISP

Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if it
traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Thanks

zeebop.
Old February 24th 07, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if
it traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Thanks

zeebop.

AFAK Virgin
doesn't........................................... .......yet....

Old February 24th 07, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

zeebop wrote:

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if it
traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Idnet doesn't.

Graham

Old February 24th 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"zeebop" wrote in message
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if it
traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Thanks

zeebop.

The information is already available on many websites. Just copy it over to
your own site or link to it. It will save a lot of time.
Make the effort and look for yourself. The answer is that MOST ISPs
restrict traffic in some way to cover up the fact they can not provide the
service they advertise.

Old February 24th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if it
traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Zen

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old February 24th 07, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Old Codger wrote:
zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if
it traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Zen

Sorry mate but they do on all new users & the established users are
going to have it done to them in the next month or so (sorry I can't
be more specific brain ain't what it used to be & it wasn't that good
then )

Old February 24th 07, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

kraftee wrote:
Old Codger wrote:
zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if
it traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Zen

Sorry mate but they do on all new users & the established users are
going to have it done to them in the next month or so (sorry I can't
be more specific brain ain't what it used to be & it wasn't that good
then )

Blimey Kraftee, you really are in a bad way these days. :-)

Zen do not traffic shape. Neither do they have a "fair usage" policy.
They do have caps though, except on the 250 K account. The caps are 2
GB, 20 GB and 50 GB on the current home accounts. My "old" account will
have a 100 GB cap starting next month.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old February 24th 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Old Codger wrote:
kraftee wrote:
Old Codger wrote:
zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and
if it traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.
Zen

Sorry mate but they do on all new users & the established users are
going to have it done to them in the next month or so (sorry I
can't be more specific brain ain't what it used to be & it wasn't
that good then )

Blimey Kraftee, you really are in a bad way these days. :-)

Zen do not traffic shape. Neither do they have a "fair usage"
policy. They do have caps though, except on the 250 K account. The
caps are 2 GB, 20 GB and 50 GB on the current home accounts. My
"old" account will have a 100 GB cap starting next month.

Soz, getting confused a bit at the moment. Better lay off the groups
until the meds are reduced, just had the op I (think I) told you about
so am taking substantionally higher doses (still waiting for the pink
elephants though ;-} )

Old February 24th 07, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Olive

kraftee wrote:
Old Codger wrote:
kraftee wrote:
Old Codger wrote:
zeebop wrote:
[...]

Yeah, just go for Zen.
Old February 24th 07, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Olive

zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping that you could spend 1 minute posting your ISP and if it
traffic shapes.

You can post as a guest.
http://www.techpost.co.uk/bb/

I am looking for a non-traffic shaping ISP.

Thanks

zeebop.

You'd struggle to find worse.

go for Zen