Are Tiscali a good ISP?

Old February 24th 07, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven M Kellbrook

Default Are Tiscali a good ISP?

Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that does not
have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if to sign
up.

Steve

Old February 24th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Steven M Kellbrook wrote:
Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that
does not have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if
to sign up.

Steve

Do a quick google & see what you find. I'll lay odds it's not good

Old February 24th 07, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"Steven M Kellbrook" wrote in message
Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that does
not
have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if to sign
up.

Steve

ha ha ha ha ha.....................

Old February 24th 07, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Steven M Kellbrook wrote:
Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that does not
have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if to sign
up.

Steve

Used to be absolutely appalling. Could get no sense out of them at all
and ended up with a number of letters to the chief executive.

TalkTalk are probably now even worse.

There are a number of sites where you can compare speeds, service etc
such as the compare feature at

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

I am currently very happy with the service provided by NewNet.

Best of luck but be careful. Generally the more they spend on
advertising the worse the service.
Old February 24th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Steven M Kellbrook wrote:

Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that does not
have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if to sign
up.

My neighbour's happy with them for ~£12 pcm but he's hardly a heavy user.

They're not exactly well-rated.

Graham

Old February 24th 07, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
vmixture

Avoid them like the plague.

Old February 24th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Homer

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Old February 24th 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"The Invisible Man" wrote in message
. co.uk...
Steven M Kellbrook wrote:
Just moved from NTL (Virgin media) cable service to a new home that does
not
have cable (

Is Tiscali any good? Keep seeing their ads on TV, but not sure if to
sign
up.

Steve

Used to be absolutely appalling. Could get no sense out of them at all and
ended up with a number of letters to the chief executive.

TalkTalk are probably now even worse.

There are a number of sites where you can compare speeds, service etc such
as the compare feature at

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

I am currently very happy with the service provided by NewNet.

Best of luck but be careful. Generally the more they spend on advertising
the worse the service.

That site is well out of date and a lot of products and ISPs / charges are
not stated. Tiscali is OK, but most ISPs have problems. It's either crap
staff on the technical side who can't maintain the network or unreliable
equipment that constantly breaks down.
I would prefer to know if the ISP has English speaking staff at UK based
call centres as I refuse to speak to people that can't understand my plain
English accent.
I pay £17-99 for 8Mbps access through ADSL and have only ever had two
problems, both down to faulty equipment at the local BT exchange. Compared
to a lot of people paying twice as much for a similar service, I would
rather save that money. If you're a complete snob and think paying more
gets you a better service then go for it. I will set up an ISP charging
£200/month if you're interested.