Old January 5th 18, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

Default yahoo down again

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 05/01/2018 14:33, Graham J wrote:
critcher wrote:
wonder what they lost this time?

Are there any free email services that do work reliably?

I am about to make a recommendation to a very inexpert (and
cash-strapped) user ... normally I would suggest paying a reputable
supplier for a domain and and mail hosting, but this user may not
want to fund it.

Protonmail.com
Currently web/mobile only and 500MB storage space but that should be
ample. Also not spied and pried on to feed adverts to you like gmail
etc.

User really needs IMAP since broaband round here is awful. Anything
web-only takes far too long to review mail held only on a remote server.
At least a local cache in the mail client helps this.

--
Graham J