"With open arms"

Old February 25th 07, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Henry Wood

Default "With open arms"

QUOTE:

Pipex was one of the first UK ISPs and, for 13 years, has been an industry
leader associated with many awards and innovations. We plan to be around for
a long time yet and sincerely hope you choose to stay with us. In the event
you still migrate to another service provider, Pipex will of course always
welcome you back with open arms.

Kind regards

Mark Carberry
Sales & Service Director
Pipex

ANSWER:

Dear Mark,

For four of those 13 years I was a very happy and contented customer of
Pipex, so much so, that hardly a week went by without my recommending Pipex
to disgruntled customers of BT, Orange, Talk-Talk, Tiscali. Virgin and the
rest.

Then came the 14th February, 2007, the date of the Pipex St. Valentine's Day
Massacre of so-called "heavy users".

How things have changed since that date. In the last couple of days I have
even helped a new broadband user open an account with Virgin! (I thought
such a day would never happen.)

I myself am migrating to asdl24.uk, and to be honest, the petty restrictions
now applied to my connection by Pipex since I served notice on you have not
surprised me. When I first complained about slow Usenet downloads about two
weeks ago, your "support" staff member suggested I clear my IE cache then
try again. He did not seem to know I was talking about slow NNTP downloads
but after being passed on to a "supervisor" it was confirmed you were
definitely "traffic-shaping" *any* customers who dared to download over 50GB
per month while subscribed to your "unlimited" broadband packages.

Today, I am receiving timeouts from my newsreader(s) when trying to access
my premium news server accounts. Both readers are telling me my news server
has not responded in 60 seconds, then asks me what I would like to do, "wait
or cancel".

What I would *REALLY* like to do is gather up a great big pile of doggy-doo
from the local streets and deliver it fresh and steaming right into your
"open arms"!

How you can ever expect to coax once happy customers back to your service by
instigating such petty restrictions after they have cancelled is beyond
belied. I suggest someone at a high level like yourself investigates just
what does happen to a Pipex customer's account when they serve notice on
your company. I suspect some tiny-minded individuals are possibly having a
laugh at my expense, but I would sincerely point out, they will only be
laughing until the 1st March 2007, and if my suspicions are correct, I shall
never bother to darken Pipex's doors again.

Old February 26th 07, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

Oh Henry - Irony is wasted on you isn't it?

"Henry Wood" taking the bait wrote

Mark Carberry comprehensively took the **** in message