Advertising Standards Authority

Old February 25th 07, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Fawthrop

Default Advertising Standards Authority

It is no use complaining here about ISP which do not live up to their
advertised claims, go To the Advertising Standards Authority who have a lot
more clout than newsgroups.

It is best to have an absolutely waterproof tale for them.

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/
The Advertising Standards Authority works to keep advertising legal,

decent, honest and truthful. The ASA resolves thousands of complaints each
year.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
Old February 25th 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

wrote in message

On 25-Feb-2007, Dave Fawthrop wrote:

[snip] In my own case, it is to vent my spleen about Pipex who changed
their terms
and conditions *AND* the service I received from them *without any
notice*,
warnings, letters, emails,... etc., ... etc.

.... and in so doing wasted nearly a whole day of my weekend while I faffed
around changing settings thinking the slow speed was caused by something my
end, used live customer support at www.usenetserver.com/ and finally calls
to Pipex only to find they had capped my service some 9 days prior to
sending the letters out to inform customers. I don't mind the capping, after
all, I'm free to cancel without penalty before contract is up but, the level
of customer care is shocking.

Old February 25th 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:
On 25-Feb-2007, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

It is no use complaining here about ISP which do not live up to
their advertised claims, go To the Advertising Standards Authority
who have a lot
more clout than newsgroups.

Whilst complaints in ngs like these will neither be put right nor
even be answered by ISPs, I suspect you are missing the real reason
for such newsgroups.

In my own case, it is to vent my spleen about Pipex who changed
their terms and conditions *AND* the service I received from them
*without any notice*, warnings, letters, emails,... etc., ... etc.

In return, I will do my best to blacken the name of Pipex by using
only true comments and facts about them and the way they decided to
change all condiditions as if they were a fly-ny-night crooked
seller in a dodgy marketplace.

Pipex *were* one of the best. THAT IS A FACT.

Pipex *changed* their terms and condidtions without personally
informing their customers. THAT IS A FACT.

Pipex are now, in my eyes, shysters. THAT IS A MATTER OF OPINION.

I shall post comments about shysters in the hopes that others may
steer clear of them. THAT IS A FACT.

If my *true* posts about Pipex make a single prospective customer
think again about signing up with such a now very duplicitous
outfit, then my posts shall not have been in vain. THAT IS A WISH
OF MINE.

PN was exactly the same & did exactly the same & now have been gobbled
up by a bigger company. So probably that will be the way things go
for Pipex as well..

Old February 25th 07, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

wrote in message

On 25-Feb-2007, "DubDriver" wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Precisely! At about the same time as Pipex introduced their "capping",
my
premium news server Easynews were having actual problems with their
own news
propagation. I naturally assumed all of my "slowdowns" could be laid
at
Easynews's door as I had never, *ever* experienced any problems with
my
Pipex connection in all of the years I had been with them. However,
when
Easynews informed that everything was back to normal and I still had
huge
problems with my NNTP servers (Easynews *AND* news.individual.net,
*both*
Premium servers though for totally different services) I approached
Easynew
yet again with their live operator service. A discrete suggestion made
was
that I should contact my ISP, especially if it should prove to be
Pipex UK,
and see what they might have to say about things. The rest is
history... or
at least it will be when I finally manage to migrate away from their
shoddy
service *AND THEIR PETTY, VINDICTIVE RESTRICTIONS WHICH THEY NOW
APPEAR TO
BE PLACING ON THE ACCOUNTS OF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE CHOSEN TO MIGRATE
FROM
PIPEX"

Apart from Pipex capping customers' accounts, which, of course they
have
every right to do, they now appear to be "CRIPPLING THE ACCOUNTS OF
CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE REQUESTED A MAC CODE AND INTIMATED THEY ARE NOW
LEAVING
PIPEX".

PIPEX ARE NOW CLASSED - In my eyes - AS YET ANOTHER PETTY, VINDICTIVE,
NOT-TO-BE-TRUSTED ISP WHO WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL IF YOU EVER DARE
HAVE THE
AUDACITY TO SUGGEST YOU MIGHT LEAVE THEM!

BEWARE OF PIPEX!!!

THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT AS GOOD NOR AS EFFICIENT OR PROFESSIONAL AS THEY
USED TO
BE.

DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR ANY OF THEIR SERVICES. THEY ARE NOW SIMPLY
CHANCERS
JUST LIKE THE REST!

Oh come on... they can't be worse than Virgin Media, can they?

Old February 25th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

wrote in message

On 25-Feb-2007, "Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote:

Oh come on... they can't be worse than Virgin Media, can they?

I have just pointed a brand new Internet starter in the direction of
Virgin
Media with absolutely no conscience pangs on my part.

To even suggest I might carry out a similar recommendation with the
scallywags now known as Pipex, simply beggars belief! Had I not known
you
better, I'd suspect you of being a Pipex spy, oh yes!

Me a Pipex spy?
Oh no no no no no!
I don't even own a pair of binoculars anymore, I sold em when she moved.

Old February 27th 07, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

John Naismith wrote:
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:57:49 -0000, "kraftee"
wrote:

PN was exactly the same & did exactly the same & now have been
gobbled up by a bigger company. So probably that will be the way
things go for Pipex as well..

Ermm GX Networks? Years ago? 2003 in fact.

Must be some good stuff in those pills kraftee ;-)

Only joking - sounds like you've had a rough time old lad. Hope
you're back to your old self soon.

Sno problem but just because they changed hands 3 years ago doesn't
mean it won't happen again. I can foresee a time where there will be
a few major players with a larger number off satellite resellers.

As for the other matter, it's not so bad but it's not being heped by
my Lev1 vertually accussing me of deliberately removing myself from
work, I'll let him have the other op & see how he likes it....