Sky Broadband - change email addy

Old February 27th 07, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
diy-newby

Default Sky Broadband - change email addy

Hi
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky email is
the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is not the ideal
email addy, can this be changed?

Thanks

Old February 27th 07, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

diy-newby wrote:
Hi
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky
email is the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is
not the ideal email addy, can this be changed?

Thanks

If you can get into their site you can generate another alias, just
use that one...

Old February 27th 07, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

diy-newby wrote:
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky email is
the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is not the ideal
email addy, can this be changed?

Register your own domain with email forwarding and use that instead.
If you ever change ISPs you then don't have to change your published
email address.

Chris
Old February 27th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"diy-newby" wrote in message
Hi
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky email is
the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is not the ideal
email addy, can this be changed?

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

Old February 27th 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
diy-newby

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

"diy-newby" wrote in message
Hi
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky email
is the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is not the
ideal email addy, can this be changed?

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

Initial call to Sky was last Monday 19th, then rang back on the Thursday
with a MAC code and they said they would post out the router. Came
yesterday along with a letter saying the expected live date is 3/3/07
(Saturday).

Old February 27th 07, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"diy-newby" wrote in message
Hi
I have signed up for Sky BB, router came today. Turns out my Sky email
is the username I used to register on the Sky website. It is not the
ideal email addy, can this be changed?

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

Initial call to Sky was last Monday 19th, then rang back on the Thursday
with a MAC code and they said they would post out the router. Came
yesterday along with a letter saying the expected live date is 3/3/07
(Saturday).

Thanks. Good luck, I hope the transition works for you. Let me know how it
goes :-)

Old February 27th 07, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

On 27 Feb, 12:56, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

I signed up on Saturday 10th Feb, the day after UK Online was cleared
from my line. I received the router towards the end of the week after
and was connected on 21st Feb, two days earlier than expected. Speeds
are good - faster than UK Online, even though I'm probably connected
to the same equipment at the exchange.

Received a text message on my home phone the other day from Sky
telling me that my broadband was active. I knew that already :-)

Old February 27th 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
diy-newby

"Phil Chung" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 27 Feb, 12:56, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

I signed up on Saturday 10th Feb, the day after UK Online was cleared
from my line. I received the router towards the end of the week after
and was connected on 21st Feb, two days earlier than expected. Speeds
are good - faster than UK Online, even though I'm probably connected
to the same equipment at the exchange.

Received a text message on my home phone the other day from Sky
telling me that my broadband was active. I knew that already :-)

Do you use utorrent / any other torrent software? Currently Pipex (who I
cancelled to join Sky) brought in severe traffic shaping the other week
(even with encrypted torrents), bringing downloads to around 20kb/s.

Old February 27th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Phil Chung" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 27 Feb, 12:56, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

How long did your router take to arrive? I am still waiting for mine,
although I didn't sign up until Thursday last week I think it was.

I signed up on Saturday 10th Feb, the day after UK Online was cleared
from my line. I received the router towards the end of the week after
and was connected on 21st Feb, two days earlier than expected. Speeds
are good - faster than UK Online, even though I'm probably connected
to the same equipment at the exchange.

Received a text message on my home phone the other day from Sky
telling me that my broadband was active. I knew that already :-)

Funnily enough, the router just arrived this afternoon.
Pleasantly surprised to see it is a Netgear router, I expected some kind of
Sky cheap brand router.
Still no letter regarding activation though.

Old February 27th 07, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Beck wrote:
"Phil Chung" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It may look good on the outside but wait until you see how much it's
been crippled on the inside