NAMESCO BILLING QUERY

Old February 27th 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default NAMESCO BILLING QUERY

(I'm migrating from Namesco to Sky and my direct debit was taken around
about 5th of each month. I requested migration about 21st
February)..........

This is what I sent to Namesco as a query.....

I have just paid 15 for cancellation of my ADSL service within 12 months
AND 24.95. I understand the 15, but if I was paying in advance shouldn't
the 24.95 I paid at the beginning of February have covered right up until
the time I requested the cancellation? - It appears as though I've paid in
advance again for another month? - Could this be checked please.

(Response was).....

Hi there

As you will note from our terms and conditions we require 30 days notice for
any cancellation and if a payment falls within this 30 days then this will
be charged.

No further payments will be taken from your card as the cancellation is
going through

Doesn't this seem wrong to anyone else?

It should be charged pro rata up until when the actual switch to Sky occurs
(probably about March 3rd?)......Namesco are charging me right up until
March 21st or therabouts.........What a rip.

Old February 27th 07, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Exactly the same happened to me mate. I tried to time my migration perfectly
so I didn't lose any money but my migration date to go to Enta is 6th March,
and my next billing date with Namesco is 6th March, so hopefully fingers
crossed BT will have my migration complete a day early! Sound likely?

Namesco are not to be recommended.

Dan

Old February 27th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Dave Boomhauer wrote:
Doesn't this seem wrong to anyone else?

You requested migration/cancellation on 21st Feb, so your 1 months
notice starts then. Therefore you have to pay upto 21st March.

I don't know about the taking of a full months payment, if that is what
has happened, but /if/ you have now paid for upto after the 21st, I'd
expect a pro-rata refund of the excess.

Some ISPs will charge you the 1 months notice as a pro-rata charge, some
will just continue the monthly billing until you migrate and then refund
you any overpayments. As you can request a migration code and then
choose not to use it, both methods have merit.

I don't know what the 15 and the 24.99 refer to, though, I presume
that the 24.99 is your monthly charge and the 15 is a defered
migration charge for leaving inside of contract?
Old February 28th 07, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message news:[email protected]
Dave Boomhauer wrote:
Doesn't this seem wrong to anyone else?

You requested migration/cancellation on 21st Feb, so your 1 months notice
starts then. Therefore you have to pay upto 21st March.

I don't know about the taking of a full months payment, if that is what
has happened, but /if/ you have now paid for upto after the 21st, I'd
expect a pro-rata refund of the excess.

Some ISPs will charge you the 1 months notice as a pro-rata charge, some
will just continue the monthly billing until you migrate and then refund
you any overpayments. As you can request a migration code and then choose
not to use it, both methods have merit.

I don't know what the 15 and the 24.99 refer to, though, I presume that
the 24.99 is your monthly charge and the 15 is a defered migration
charge for leaving inside of contract?

Yes you're right Paul, but it's the fact that they are billing me in advance
past my cut off date. I think I should receive some of the normal monthly
24.99 back (most in fact!).