BT Broadband

Old March 1st 07, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Ferguson

Default BT Broadband

I've recently moved to BT broadband from NTL. Wasn't unhappy with the
NTL service, I just wanted a cheaper internet connection. Now I've got
a BT Home Hub. One of the issues that I have, and BT say is not caused
by them, is that I cannot seem to setup a web server that is
accessible from the internet. I can see the server on my local network
and I've tried setting it to ports other than 80 but all to no avail.
I have got a shh server accessible and running fine on port 22 and I
stopped that and ran the web server (apache) on port 22. Browsers can
establish the initial connection and send the request but it never
gets to the server (don't see it in the logs) so there is never a
response. It looks to me as if BT are blocking inbound HTTP traffic.
Can anyone confirm or deny my speculation?

Thanks.