Untwisted Phone cable

Old March 1st 07, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Default Untwisted Phone cable

I have a big problem and that is that my internet connect kept on
dropping out. The problem is an Untwisted cable. Does anyone know of a
way to sort this out as the untwisted cable is long a buried un the
floorboard and that is a hell of a lot of carpet to rip out.

Old March 1st 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

naza wrote:
I have a big problem and that is that my internet connect kept on
dropping out. The problem is an Untwisted cable. Does anyone know
of a way to sort this out as the untwisted cable is long a buried
un the floorboard and that is a hell of a lot of carpet to rip out.

Have fun........

The only way to get around that problem is to replace it. BT only do
surface wiring so I'm afraid it's down to you...

Unless.....

You get a faceplate filter & plug your router into there & (either by
mains or wifi) network from there..

Old March 2nd 07, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

naza wrote:

I have a big problem and that is that my internet connect kept on
dropping out. The problem is an Untwisted cable. Does anyone know of a
way to sort this out as the untwisted cable is long a buried un the
floorboard and that is a hell of a lot of carpet to rip out.

You could always try and use the untwisted cable to 'pull-through' some twisted
cable. Good luck !

I could tell you a few stories about pulling cable but I reckon most ppl might
consider it to be unwholesomely pornographic.

Graham