BT Home Hub help needed

Old March 1st 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fun Time Frankie

Default BT Home Hub help needed

BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so I
can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Thanks....
Old March 1st 07, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Fun Time Frankie wrote:
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so
I can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Thanks....

Won't say it is not possible but you should have bought a switch as
you don't need another router

Old March 1st 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fun Time Frankie

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:10:00 -0000, "kraftee"
wrote:

Fun Time Frankie wrote:
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so
I can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Thanks....

Won't say it is not possible but you should have bought a switch as
you don't need another router

The router was existing from a previous installation with cable
broadband.
Old March 1st 07, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so I
can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Can't you just use the ethernet sockets on the home hub?

Old March 1st 07, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

Fun Time Frankie wrote:
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub
so I can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables
are all in situ.

Thanks....

Won't say it is not possible but you should have bought a switch as
you don't need another router

The router was existing from a previous installation with cable
broadband.

Well it is possible, but I'll leave to one of the others with a
clearer head than me to explain, but the basic problem would be
configure the WAN port on the Linksys to accept the IP allocated by
the home hub. If possible it would be good to put that IP into the
DMZ of the Home Hub as well, oh & turn of DHCP on the home hub as
well.

Fraid I could show you, even do it but my explanations tend to go on
(& on & on) with mistakes here & there...

Old March 1st 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fun Time Frankie

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:53:01 -0000, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
.. .
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so I
can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Can't you just use the ethernet sockets on the home hub?

There's only 2 ethernet sockets on the home hub and we have three pcs
to network.
Old March 1st 07, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:53:01 -0000, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
. ..
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so I
can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Can't you just use the ethernet sockets on the home hub?

There's only 2 ethernet sockets on the home hub and we have three pcs
to network.

Oh? Thats a bummer. I could have sworn they had 4. Oh well

Old March 1st 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

wrote:

Fun Time Frankie wrote:
[...]

But for under a tenner you could get a network switch ! See:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=152509

--
Graham

Old March 1st 07, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Beck wrote:
"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:53:01 -0000, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote in message
BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub
so I can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables
are all in situ.

Can't you just use the ethernet sockets on the home hub?

There's only 2 ethernet sockets on the home hub and we have three
pcs to network.

Oh? Thats a bummer. I could have sworn they had 4. Oh well

Hang on I've got one here......

2 ethernet & 2 USB so all is not lost then.....

Old March 1st 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Digby

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:54:29 +0000, Fun Time Frankie
wrote:

BT Home Hub help needed

Is it possible to connect a Linksys BEFSR41 into the BT Home Hub so I
can share 3 PCs over ethernet cables?

Do I have to disable DHCP on the Linksys and for a newbie
how do I configure the Linksys.

Only want to use wireless as a last resort as the network cables are
all in situ.

Thanks....

Option 1 in this article should help, just substitute the homehub for
the main Linksys router.

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...p?p_faqid=3733