Fritz!box

Old March 2nd 07, 06:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Fritz!box

Hi,

I am thinking of getting one of these maybe the 7141. But the only problem
is I have a cable modem. Is there any way I can fit my lan cable to this
box??

Thanks

Nigel
--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old March 2nd 07, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Nigel" wrote in message

Hi,

I am thinking of getting one of these maybe the 7141. But the only problem
is I have a cable modem. Is there any way I can fit my lan cable to this
box??

Yes, no problem at all
Connect Cable modem to LAN port "A" or "1"
Connect PC's to LAN ports 2-4 or "B" (use a switch to connect more PC's)
Change the settings in the configuration accordingly (ADSL modem disabled,
FritzBox works as a normal router)
Can be used as such behind a cable modem, or behind a ADSL modem

Old March 3rd 07, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message

"Nigel" wrote in message

Hi,

I am thinking of getting one of these maybe the 7141. But the only
problem
is I have a cable modem. Is there any way I can fit my lan cable to this
box??

Yes, no problem at all
Connect Cable modem to LAN port "A" or "1"
Connect PC's to LAN ports 2-4 or "B" (use a switch to connect more PC's)
Change the settings in the configuration accordingly (ADSL modem disabled,
FritzBox works as a normal router)
Can be used as such behind a cable modem, or behind a ADSL modem

BTW Philippe, could you confirm if you have callthough working OK. Mine is
not and I am having a bit of an argument with AVM at the moment because they
want me to send it back, when I believe it is a firmware version. If you
could also confirm the unit and firmware that would be great.

With apologies to the OP. Other than the above hitch, I believe the Fritz
is a good buy, especially if you will not have landline backup. Please see
my previous threads in the group on this subject for more info.

Old March 3rd 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Herman" wrote in message
BTW Philippe, could you confirm if you have callthough working OK. Mine

is
not and I am having a bit of an argument with AVM at the moment because

they
want me to send it back, when I believe it is a firmware version. If you
could also confirm the unit and firmware that would be great.

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170, Firmware-Version 29.04.29 (german)
I'm not using call-trough, but happy to test. pls e-mail me ...

Philippe (Belgium)