Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

Old March 2nd 07, 06:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

Hi,

I have posted a few times on here about the cheapest unlimited UK landline
calls packages available (either PSTN or VoIP).

It appears as I had hoped and largely expeted, the price point on these
services is starting to improve.

Current best offers appear to be (and all feedback, experience and thoughts,
etc. welcomed):

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
top-up of $10 (which does not expire provided the account is used for a call
once every [I seem to recall] six months - a free call counts / is
sufficient [according to their website]. Usage limits do not appear to apply
(probably fair use but not the combined "free days" rolling semi-unfree and
rather restricted 300 minutes type limit or the lottery system of Betamax
service destination changes and general uncertaintieis / vagaries [such as
changing T&C's etc.]). This all seems rather good! Unlimited (including UK &
US and many more), one time top up of $10 [does not expire provide one call
is made ~ six months {which doesn't not even have to be chargeable}],
appears to be a "long term" offer rather than fly by night or Betamax
rolling changes / uncertainty / etc., all round sounds good (have probably
forgotten some of the other apparent key benefits - but still - I am sure
some of you can pick me up on them!). Only possible concerns - reality
factor / is it actually a long-term offer / beta or viable / reliable; have
to use their softphone [I believe - I think they may be pending hardware
device / SIP support - and it may be possible to do this manualy oneself
with sufficient nowse or knowledge, engineering, etc.]

See: http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/ for some further information
(note: they seem to "incorrectly" record Raketu as providing only 120 days
of expiring credit but Raketu's own site confirms otherwise...? [otherwise
generaly a great site]

- Globe 7 - now offering a $4.99 per month unlimited calls package
including US, UK and 20+ish other international destinations. No credit
expiry type issues. Quite a big operator, UK company, etc. Apparently it is
"possible" to use SIP clients / adaptors [see recent newsgroup post
detailing specific parameters] - allthough this is officially unsuported
[although may be pending / imminent]. Otherwise, have to use their softphone
(which whilst kind of interesting and fun probably deserves a warning!)
[Aside: no guarantees, experience, knowledge {first hand} of the Raketu
client software either mind - but does sound / seem rather good]

All in all seeming and sounding quite good & positive - the "sub-3ish" per
month unlimited UK calls type packages (longed and hoped for on my pary at
least!) - and in reality both of these services actually also provide
~20ish+ international destinations as well.

All thoughts, feedback, etc. appreciated.

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Thoughts, etc. of other competing / alternative similarly good value
and complete (at least unlimited UK landline calls) services welcomed.

Old March 2nd 07, 07:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

News Reader wrote:

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035
Old March 2nd 07, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:
News Reader wrote:

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on
a nominal top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

and he

UK-Vodafone 44777 0.1282
UK-Vodafone 4477670 0.2035
Old March 2nd 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
News Reader wrote:

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
nominal top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make to
much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some other
"attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old March 2nd 07, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"News Reader" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
News Reader wrote:

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
nominal top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

Best wishes,

News Reader

Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
competitive way - good for you Raketu

Best wisehs,

News Reader

Old March 2nd 07, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman the German

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, wrote:

I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

It might be better if you were to just **** off out of this group.

Old March 2nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader"
wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
News Reader wrote:

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
nominal top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.
raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!

News Reader

Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
competitive way - good for you Raketu

Best wisehs,

News Reader

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 2nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

After a perusal of the site I see that it is P-P - not SIP.
So, not of immediate interest to me but may be useful if I find
myself in a situation where I can only use a PC to call out.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 2nd 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
. co.uk...
News Reader wrote:

[...]

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

Hello All,

Raketu website works on all the explorer including FIREFOX, we have
tested that in our lab. Incase some of you have any issue loading the
Raketu website on FireFox please email our support team at

Regards

Raketu Team