Old April 11th 18, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Someone Somewhere

Default Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

On 11/04/2018 12:02, MissRiaElaine wrote:
Hi all,

My other half and I are planning a canal cruise again this year, and we
really want some form of connectivity while we're away.

So we're looking for a USB 'dongle' that we can use on the laptop, we
don't want any sort of contract, as it's only going to be required for 2
or 3 weeks in any one year.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best one to go for..? I know
that PAYG credit expires after a month on these things nowadays (I used
to have one of the Vodafone ones where it didn't) but that's not really
a problem as long as it can be reactivated later when it's needed again.

What's your budget, how much data and what's coverage on the various
networks like where you're going?

If the former is about 50 you can buy an unlocked Huawei E5330 MiFi
from Amazon for 32 and then get a Three Data Reward SIM - first 200MB
free (if registered) and then 1p/MB so you basically get 2GB included in
your 50, and then next year or whenever just buy another SIM.

Other networks have similar offers I guess.