Old April 11th 18, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Default Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

MissRiaElaine wrote:

we're looking for a USB 'dongle' that we can use on the laptop

I bought an unlocked Huawei E3372 from eBay and use it with a free 4G
Three 200MB/month SIM. It's a couple of quid more expensive now than
when I bought it ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-E3372/371943578299

Arrived from China in a couple of weeks (mine's actually branded for the
"MTN" carrier, who I think operate in Africa).

It arrived with the "HiLink router" firmware, which worked out of the
box on Windows, but I wanted to use it with Linux, there is a fairly
picky procedure to load the "NDIS stick" firmware, which does also work
with Windows, but again the driver install is picky.