Old April 11th 18, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default Intermittent phone line disconnections, however.....

On 10/04/2018 16:45, Martin Brown wrote:

But you are describing a POTS fault and if as seems likely the phone
line is for contact use and possibly care on call you can ask them to do
a line test which will show off hook as distinct from line fault.

My mum's line went bad in this sort of way and mimicked off hook almost
perfectly except that it clearly wasn't. BT could tell on test. Turned
out water had got into the 30 year old junction box up the pole. If she
is really dependent on the phone for outside contact there is a fast
repair service that you can get for elderly vulnerable with help from
her doctor. Requirements to qualify are fairly strict but no impossible.

https://btplc.com/Inclusion/HelpAndS...ult_Repair.pdf

Umm, thank you, interesting, I'll take a closer look.

--
Mark