Old April 12th 18, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

On 12/04/2018 08:00, Martin Brown wrote:
On 11/04/2018 21:57, Andy Burns wrote:
Someone Somewhere wrote:

you can buy an unlocked Huawei E5330 MiFi from Amazon for 32

But that's not 4G

Although that is true if they are going on a rural canal holiday rather
than staying in a major city I think the chances of a 4G signal are low.

I'm not sure about that, we've had 4G for about a year even in remote
Sutherland, and it gives a far better rate than ADSL - if they'd just
come up with a realistic charge rate for unlimited downloads, I'd be
happy just to keep my landline for emergencies only.