ADSL2+ with BE Unlimited - Does ADSL2+ require 'training'

Old March 2nd 07, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL2+ with BE Unlimited - Does ADSL2+ require 'training'

Hello,

I've just swapped from Demon onto BE's 24Mb service, the speed
increase at the moment is only small:

Demon (8Mb) : approx 1.3Mb connection (I live quite a distance from
the exhange)
BE (24Mb) : approx 1.7Mb connection.

Looking at the ADSL2+ specs, it appears that swapping an ADSL
connection for an ADSL2+ connection should give an increase of around
50kbps for any given speed (http://www.dslprime.com/a/adsl21.pdf).

So at the moment it would appear that I'm still on an 8Mb connection,
but ADSL2+ instead of ADSL?

Does ADSL2+ need to be left connected to 'train' up to the highest
reliable speed in the same way that ADSL connections had to be?

Many thanks
Adrian

Old March 2nd 07, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

I've just swapped from Demon onto BE's 24Mb service, the speed
increase at the moment is only small:

Demon (8Mb) : approx 1.3Mb connection (I live quite a distance from
the exhange)
BE (24Mb) : approx 1.7Mb connection.

I am investigating moving to ADSL2+ at the moment.
From this graph it would appear that if you are syncing on the 3m-3.5m
region on ADSL-MAX as I am there will be little benefit in upgrading.
http://www.internode.on.net/adsl2/graph/

Old March 2nd 07, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

(
http://www.dslprime.com/a/adsl21.pdf).

So at the moment it would appear that I'm still on an 8Mb
connection, but ADSL2+ instead of ADSL?

Does ADSL2+ need to be left connected to 'train' up to the highest
reliable speed in the same way that ADSL connections had to be?

Many thanks
Adrian

Mine kicked in from day one, the problem (for me at least) is that it
sets the sync speed to high, so when the SNR goes down everything just
stops. Soft booting the router forces a re-negotiate down, but it was
a pain for the first couple of times..

Old March 2nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 2 Mar, 14:38, "kraftee" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info.

Looking at the graph, it appears that's the best speed I'm likely to
get at the moment. It's still about 1.45 times the old speed at no
extra cost.

Cheers
Adrian