Old May 2nd 18, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

Default Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

Have other Plusnet customers had an email giving prices changes? Changes means increases, of course. It says that from 5th June they are increasing phone line prices by 1/month but including free Caller Display and Call Protect (previously 99p/month extra).

But they also have some other special offers like "unlimited broadband and line rental" for 19.99/month, which is less than I'm paying now, but it doesn't say whether this includes the Caller Display and Call Protect; if it does it's silly of them not to say so. Otherwise I can't see the downside to that, except it seems to require a 12 month contract after which, I assume, the price will go up by default to something silly.

But I see from MSE's money tips that if you not already a Plusnet customer you can get broadband for only 10.24/month, which makes the 19.99 deal not look such a bargain. Inertia selling as always. So I could save money by leaving for a month and then re-joining. Sigh.

--
Clive Page