Old May 2nd 18, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Default Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

On 02/05/2018 15:09, Clive Page wrote:
Have other Plusnet customers had an email giving prices changes? Changes
means increases, of course. It says that from 5th June they are
increasing phone line prices by 1/month but including free Caller
Display and Call Protect (previously 99p/month extra).

But they also have some other special offers like "unlimited broadband
and line rental" for 19.99/month, which is less than I'm paying now,
but it doesn't say whether this includes the Caller Display and Call
Protect; if it does it's silly of them not to say so. Otherwise I can't
see the downside to that, except it seems to require a 12 month contract
after which, I assume, the price will go up by default to something silly.

But I see from MSE's money tips that if you not already a Plusnet
customer you can get broadband for only 10.24/month, which makes the
19.99 deal not look such a bargain. Inertia selling as always. So I
could save money by leaving for a month and then re-joining. Sigh.

You many not need to leave for a month. If the price changes give you
the option of leaving without penalty - which they probably do - just
speak to the "retentions" department and ask for the same deal that new
customers get. They'll probably give it to you.
--
Cheers,
Roger