Old May 3rd 18, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

Default Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

On Thu, 3 May 2018 11:31:24 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Plusnet getting off their arses and deploying native IPv6.

+1

Do we really want this? Would it be deployed using local addresses,
WAN addresses, NAT and DHCP just like IPv4, or would it make use of
the fact that IPv6 has enough addresses for every individual device on
the planet to be uniquely identified? It's not difficult to guess what
would happen if the lawmakers fully realised the possibilities that
this could offer them.

The anonymity of the internet is one of its greatest strengths, not
possessed by any other communication system, and it would be a tragedy
if we threw the last vestige of it away. What guarantees have we that
it won't happen?

Rod.

---