Downloading the configuration from PAP2T -- spaconf.exe

Old March 2nd 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stan

Default Downloading the configuration from PAP2T -- spaconf.exe

It's possible that anyone has a long enough memory might possible
recall that I posted here about a PAP2T which I had connected to
iConnectHere (aka DeltaThree) in November, and that connecting to that
company made the ATA become useless. If nobody remembers, the previous
centence is an adequate reprise.

iConnectHere is an exceedingle small company, and it did nothing since
them, except asking the same questions repeatedly from time to time,
but a few days ago a technicial got back to me only three days ago. He
discovered that the device was in fact locked by the company (which
had been agreed between us that this never should have happened). He
was able to unlock it remotely -- and it took only four hours for him
to do so. I now have a PAPT2, and I have it connected to an other
provider; that provider has sworn in blood never to touch the device,
and in fact is committed to BYO devices. The device now works, and I
have been making calls across the ocean very happily.

I want to backup the device's configuration. I have a Windows utility
that I acquired some months ago called spaconf.exe, does exactly
that, and I did use it successfully back before iConnectHere screwed
it up. Now I have tried to use it again, without success. If someone
can through a little light on the subject, I might find a bit of
insight, and find a way to back up the configuration.

The syntax of the utility is as follows: spaconf
config.txt" (for the IP address
and the text file for the configuration file to load. What happens
instead, the utility times out, with Error 10060, saying that spaconf
was unable to communicate with the device. The password _does_ make it
possible for the browser to display the configuration; the utility
_did_ load the configuration last November. Why can't it do that now?
If someone knows spaconf.exe, perhaps he can understand this. I did
try to send an email to the developer ("Jason", unknown surname), but
he seems to have no longer been using the address, so he is
unavailable.

I assume that the PAP2T may be defective, which does show other, which
I do not remember having before the pre-iConnectHere era. The Power
LED blinks frequently, and sometimes remains dark for several seconds;
the Line1 LED doesn't really blink, but also goes dark for several
seconds from time to time.

Altogether, I am non-plussed.

Old March 2nd 07, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-03-02, Stan wrote:

It's possible that anyone has a long enough memory might possible
recall that I posted here about a PAP2T which I had connected to
iConnectHere (aka DeltaThree) in November, and that connecting to that
company made the ATA become useless. If nobody remembers, the previous
centence is an adequate reprise.

How could we forget? It's etched into our souls.

[...]

If my PAP2T had been brought back from the dead I think I would be
content to configure it, make a copy by hand of the configuration and
never let another piece of software anywhere near it. But you like to
live dangerously!

The syntax of the utility is as follows: spaconf
config.txt" (for the IP address
and the text file for the configuration file to load. What happens
instead, the utility times out, with Error 10060, saying that spaconf
was unable to communicate with the device. The password _does_ make it
possible for the browser to display the configuration; the utility
_did_ load the configuration last November. Why can't it do that now?
If someone knows spaconf.exe, perhaps he can understand this. I did
try to send an email to the developer ("Jason", unknown surname), but
he seems to have no longer been using the address, so he is
unavailable.

spaconf " config.txt

Brian.
Old March 3rd 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Stan" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]

Yes, I remember.
My understanding is this,
As long as you have the contents of the GPP K: parameter in the
provisioning tab, plus the units MAC address it is always possible
to unlock the PAP-2
I haven't had an opportunity to test this, but just in case my information
is correct I suggest you paste your GPP K: into a text file while you
still can!

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%