Old May 6th 18, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

Default Too quiet when using VOIP

"Murmansk" wrote in message
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected
to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have
installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is
not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any
louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other
end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's
something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I
could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my
callers?

Thanks

Dial 10005 to do an echo call test. This may help show whether the
issue is the system or your phone.

Download (free) Sipdroid or Zoiper and try running them on your phone
to see if it is any different - again call 10005.

If you have a laptop try downloading Phonerlite and set it up to run
on Sipgate and see if that is any different.

Finally I note you are running DECT phones through a Cisco ATA
(presumably a PAPT2?) If you have both the ATA and your phone working
at the same time it could be confusing the system. You haven't
mentioned audio on the DECT phones so presumably they are OK. I would
suggest you disconnect the ATA from your network and then try a call
on your mobile to see if it makes any difference.

One final thought: does you phone have the Sipgate stun server active?
If not try loading it as
stun.sipgate.net
and the port as 3478
in the appropriate boxes. If you are using NAT on your router (which
by default you will be) then the phone should work better. You should
also have the same setting in your ATA.

After that it must be down to something in your phone audio settings.
I use both Sipdroid and CSipSImple on both my mobile and a tablet (I
have two lines from different providers) and both work perfectly.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com