Old May 7th 18, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

Default Too quiet when using VOIP

"Graham." wrote in message
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA
connected to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have
installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is
not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any
louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other
end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's
something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I
could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my
callers?

Thanks

Perhaps it's version spacific, but on my Android phone with
CSipSimple:-

Whislt a call is in progress touch the three dots at the bottom
right.
Touch "Media".
You should now see app spacific sliders for volume and mic gain.
--

Following my mail last might I went digging in my phone and found it
too had level adjustment in CSipSimple but it is called audio streams

HATH.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com