sky user passwords

Old March 3rd 07, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default sky user passwords

I have my order going through with Sky Broadband.
I have the router they sent and a letter saying my activation should be this
Monday (or up to 3 days after).

The only thing missing is the letter with my email username and password on
it. I have told them I have yet to receive it and a few days ago they
arranged to resend it but it has still not arrived.

Can anyone confirm please that the password they are sending is merely my
primary email account password and not the actual connection password?

I can wait for eail to be setup, but really do not want to have to wait for
connection details. From what I have read, the connection details are set
into the router so it should be okay.

Old March 3rd 07, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Beck presented the following explanation :
I have my order going through with Sky Broadband.
I have the router they sent and a letter saying my activation should be this
Monday (or up to 3 days after).

The only thing missing is the letter with my email username and password on
it. I have told them I have yet to receive it and a few days ago they
arranged to resend it but it has still not arrived.

Can anyone confirm please that the password they are sending is merely my
primary email account password and not the actual connection password?

I can wait for eail to be setup, but really do not want to have to wait for
connection details. From what I have read, the connection details are set
into the router so it should be okay.

Yes.

I've never receicved my email details. I connected at the beginning of
January.

Your connection username & passwords are already stored in the router.

See http://www.asininemonkey.com/netgear-dg834gt-hacking.html and
scroll most of the way down to "URL Injection"

Old March 3rd 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Yes.

I've never receicved my email details. I connected at the beginning of
January.

Your connection username & passwords are already stored in the router.

See http://www.asininemonkey.com/netgear-dg834gt-hacking.html and scroll
most of the way down to "URL Injection"

So if you never received email details by post, how did you find out what
your email password is?

Old March 3rd 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Beck brought next idea :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Yes.

I've never receicved my email details. I connected at the beginning of
January.

Your connection username & passwords are already stored in the router.

See http://www.asininemonkey.com/netgear-dg834gt-hacking.html and scroll
most of the way down to "URL Injection"

So if you never received email details by post, how did you find out what
your email password is?

I haven't bothered. I have my own domain.

Alternatively, you could open a gmail account - which you could keep
even if you changed ISPs.

Apparently Sky's POP3 server is notoriously flakey anyway (unlike the
LLU internet connection which has been excellent)

Old March 3rd 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't bothered. I have my own domain.

Alternatively, you could open a gmail account - which you could keep even
if you changed ISPs.

Apparently Sky's POP3 server is notoriously flakey anyway (unlike the LLU
internet connection which has been excellent)

I do use my own domain for email, so not having it is no problem anyway.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Beck was thinking very hard :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't bothered. I have my own domain.

Alternatively, you could open a gmail account - which you could keep even
if you changed ISPs.

Apparently Sky's POP3 server is notoriously flakey anyway (unlike the LLU
internet connection which has been excellent)

I do use my own domain for email, so not having it is no problem anyway.

Erm, why ask then?

Old March 3rd 07, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Beck was thinking very hard :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't bothered. I have my own domain.

Alternatively, you could open a gmail account - which you could keep
even if you changed ISPs.

Apparently Sky's POP3 server is notoriously flakey anyway (unlike the
LLU internet connection which has been excellent)

I do use my own domain for email, so not having it is no problem anyway.

Erm, why ask then?

Because I wanted to create an email address for junk. Also my Mum would
want an email address.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

In news: ,
Beck said:
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Beck was thinking very hard :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't bothered. I have my own domain.

Alternatively, you could open a gmail account - which you could
keep even if you changed ISPs.

Apparently Sky's POP3 server is notoriously flakey anyway (unlike
the LLU internet connection which has been excellent)

I do use my own domain for email, so not having it is no problem
anyway.

Erm, why ask then?

Because I wanted to create an email address for junk. Also my Mum
would want an email address.

Can you not set your mum up and email account from your domain ?

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old March 5th 07, 06:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 3 Mar 2007, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

Because I wanted to create an email address for junk.
Also my Mum would want an email address.

While you might still want to get some mail address from them for
completeness (or to just use it for contact with them), you could
probably use Google mail for both your Mum and for a 'bit bin'