Old May 9th 18, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

https://www.telecompaper.com/news/av...ofcom--1243640

Mine is about that, and could be double if I wanted to pay a lot more.

Still about a million with slow broadband, but they tend to live in the sticks like my sister. For some reason they moan about how everyone else should pay for them to get high speed broadband, but they forget that for other services there was a long wait compared to cities and it cost . My sister lived in small settlement in rural Lincolnshire and this is is when stuff was connected: -

Phone - unknown, but probably 1930's and even then.
Electricity - 1952
Mains water - unknown
Mains sewerage - 2016, with a 2k charge for connection.
Mains gas - still not got there, unlikely it ever will.