SPA3102 Setup

Old March 3rd 07, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default SPA3102 Setup

I have a Linksys SPA3102 on its way to me. I am going to use it with
VoipDicount. At the moment I am using VopiDiscount via a Linksys PAP2T (see
my previous post "Starting Again") but now want to integrate my BT Line.
Setting up the SPA3102 to use VoipDiscount will not be a problem as there
are some configuration settings on their page.

However I want to set it up so that all landline calls to the UK, Singapore
and Malaysia go out via VoipDiscount and all others go out via my BT Line.
For this I think I need to use Dial Plans (but not certain!) If the SPA3102
is anything like the PAP2 it will come with zero instructions.

Am I right that I need to use dialling plans and can anyone point me to a
page that explains how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Old March 3rd 07, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
I have a Linksys SPA3102 on its way to me. I am going to use it with
VoipDicount. At the moment I am using VopiDiscount via a Linksys PAP2T (see
my previous post "Starting Again") but now want to integrate my BT Line.
Setting up the SPA3102 to use VoipDiscount will not be a problem as there
are some configuration settings on their page.

However I want to set it up so that all landline calls to the UK, Singapore
and Malaysia go out via VoipDiscount and all others go out via my BT Line.
For this I think I need to use Dial Plans (but not certain!) If the SPA3102
is anything like the PAP2 it will come with zero instructions.

Am I right that I need to use dialling plans and can anyone point me to a
page that explains how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Yes, dial plans on the SP3XXX are infinitely configurable.

Here's not a bad place to come for help. Tell us the dialing codes and
number lengths you want to go over which provider & someone will be
along with help.

Alternatively, pop over to http://voxilla.com and have a look in the
Linksys/Spa forum - there are sticky threads on creating dial plans
Old March 3rd 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[...]

Many thanks - I will take a look - when it arrives (Tuesday all being well!)
I will post again

Old March 5th 07, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
I have a Linksys SPA3102 on its way to me. I am going to use it with
VoipDicount. At the moment I am using VopiDiscount via a Linksys PAP2T (see
my previous post "Starting Again") but now want to integrate my BT Line.
Setting up the SPA3102 to use VoipDiscount will not be a problem as there
are some configuration settings on their page.

However I want to set it up so that all landline calls to the UK, Singapore
and Malaysia go out via VoipDiscount and all others go out via my BT Line.
For this I think I need to use Dial Plans (but not certain!) If the SPA3102
is anything like the PAP2 it will come with zero instructions.

Am I right that I need to use dialling plans and can anyone point me to a
page that explains how I can achieve this?

Thanks

The manuals can be found on the Linksys website. Also in he

http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

The dialplan can be complicated but it just requires a bit of patience
to get right.

cheers,
Paul.
Old March 5th 07, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Paul Hayes" wrote in message
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[...]

Many thanks - I am sure I will be back regarding the dialling plans!