Virgin broadband service even less reliable than NTL was?

Old March 4th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zox

Default Virgin broadband service even less reliable than NTL was?

Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

Old March 4th 07, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Zox" wrote in message
Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more
disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

Yes.

Old March 4th 07, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:19:08 -0000, Zox wrote:

Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

No problems here - same as before. Just wonder for how long :-(

Virgin seem to have increased the cost of my broadband without asking me
though. I've paid 24.99 pm for years - this month they've taken 25 !!!!
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old March 4th 07, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:19:08 -0000, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Zox"
wrote:

Since Virgin took over NTL

They didn't. Please read a newspaper. ntl took over Virgin Mobile.

I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

No.
--
Mark McIntyre
Old March 4th 07, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

wrote:

Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

If you want to drop me a line with some diagnostics and account
details, I'll see if I can get someone to look into your particular
issues.

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager
Old March 5th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

"Zox" wrote in message
Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

No change here. Virgin didn't take over NTL btw.

Old March 5th 07, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
That Man!

"Cullen Skink" wrote in message
"Zox" wrote in message
Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

No change here. Virgin didn't take over NTL btw.

Just changed to Virgin media myself, been OK so far, speeds up and down a
bit

this is due to ADSL max I believe.

At least Virgin customer services seem to answer the phone a lot quicker
than NTL did!

My only grips is, not all terms and conditions were explained at sign up,

I refer to the phone service, having to permanently route ALL CALLS via
Virgin not BT.

Brian (Huddersfield)

Old March 5th 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

If the phone thing causes you any problems, just predial 1280 to reroute
calls back through BT. I do this to ensure I comply with the BT Privacy T&Cs
and avoid being charged for CLID.

Old March 6th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
No Spam

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 20:14:07 +0000, Hugh Jampton
wrote:

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:19:08 -0000, Zox wrote:

Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

No problems here - same as before. Just wonder for how long :-(

No problems here with disconnections.
However the 10 Mb speed is seldom seen.

Virgin seem to have increased the cost of my broadband without asking me
though. I've paid 24.99 pm for years - this month they've taken 25 !!!!

They did say they were going to do this.
I told them I was moving to Sky Broadband and they reduced it to 10 a
month and increased the speed to 10 Mb from 4 Mb
Old March 6th 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Since Virgin took over NTL I seem to be getting even more disconnections,
are any other ex-NTL users finding this?

If you want to drop me a line with some diagnostics and account
details, I'll see if I can get someone to look into your particular
issues.

Alex

While you are at it Alex, are you allowed to confirm that Virgin have
SERIOUS problems with capacity?
ADSLguide forums are discussing the leaked admission of this problem.
I look after someones installation off the London Walworth exchange and
it has been rediculous for the last 3 - 4 weeks.
When OK, he gets 4M but between about 1700 and 2400 this drops to 100k.
I know it's not his account as I connected using a relations
username/password (I didn't know that worked till I (unfortunately???)
signed up his niece and forgot to reset the username/password in the
router I supplied to her - and it worked)
E-mailing CS got no response at all.

Lets hope things improve or we are off!

Though lots of ISPs seem to be having capacity problems with the sudden
growth of downloading and streaming media, Virgin seem to be doing
nothing about it.

Goodness knows what Virgin will get like if they push their web based
channels soon!!

Mike