forwarding a forwarded call..

Old March 5th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve R

Default forwarding a forwarded call..

uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a uk
landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then forward
my voip number to a mobile , should this work?
The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a
mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

Thanks,

Steve

Old March 5th 07, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve R laid this down on his screen :
uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a uk
landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then forward
my voip number to a mobile , should this work?
The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a mobile
is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

Erm, yes, it will work. "Why bother?" is a separate question, though.
The advantages are possibly obvious, from a caller's perspective....

Old March 5th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Steve R wrote:
uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a uk
landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then forward
my voip number to a mobile , should this work?

Yes.

The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a
mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

Or find a provider with cheaper rates to divert 0845 to UK mobile.
Old March 6th 07, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve R

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message news:[email protected]
Steve R wrote:
uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a
uk landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then
forward my voip number to a mobile , should this work?

Yes.

The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a
mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

Or find a provider with cheaper rates to divert 0845 to UK mobile.

Thanks, I thought it should work, but I remember working in an office once
where a forward would only go one leg - ie. if you forwarded the desk phone
to your mobile and then didn't answer the mobile, it would not forward to
the mobile voicemail system. It would go back to the desk voicemail system.
It was probably time out related thing though that wouldn't effect this
setup. I just wanted to check with someone who knows.

Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
when out and about. I am just looking on the web now for finding the
cheapest way of doing that. voipcheap have mobile rates around 5p / minute -
I just need to figure out how I am going to make use of that with an 0845
number .... voipcheap don't give out a dial in number by the looks of it.

regards,

Steve

Old March 6th 07, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Steve R wrote:
"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Steve R wrote:
[...]

Send me an email and I can let you know how to have either an 0845
number or 01 / 02 number for free pointed to VoIPCheap which you can
then divert to mobile.

Is there a reason for an 0845 number, would a regular 01 or 02 number
not be more desirable?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old March 6th 07, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:36:21 -0000, "Steve R" wrote:

Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
when out and about.

Why not get a normal geographical number that does the same?
www.voip.co.uk will get you one for free, and you can forward that to
a mobile at 10p per minute.
Old March 6th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:37:10 +0000, wrote:

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:36:21 -0000, "Steve R" wrote:

Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
when out and about.

Why not get a normal geographical number that does the same?
www.voip.co.uk will get you one for free, and you can forward that to
a mobile at 10p per minute.

Just get a geo number to a voip provider. Register with Voxalot and
use that to forward your calls to wherever you want using whatever
provider you want, probably for about 5.5p/min to mobiles.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.