Is there a really good WiFi phone?

Old March 6th 07, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ogoja

Default Is there a really good WiFi phone?

I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
Thanks.

Old March 6th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" wrote:

I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
Thanks.

I may have use for a WiFi phone in future but I am looking at the
mobile phones that have this feature. They are currently not cheap but
might be worth a look, then checking out the models on the newsgroups
to find if suitable for SIP.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 7th 07, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:
On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" wrote:

I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
Thanks.

UTstarcom F1000G around 93.00 from provu.co.uk had no problems with
it so far, the Linksys WIP-330 WiFi Phone which costs a lot more has
audio distortion so the guy at Provu told me the other week when I was
over there .

I have an F1000G and while it has "toy" value, I'd never recomend it to
clients. It certinaly won't pass the "wife test". I tried it today on
a clients site, and it just wasn't happy, brought it home and it worked
first time when I switched it on. (And both my Nokia 770 & 9500 worked
fine on the clients WiFi APs, so I've no idea why the phone didn't!)

Gordon
Old March 7th 07, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Brian A wrote:
On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" wrote:

I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
Thanks.

I may have use for a WiFi phone in future but I am looking at the
mobile phones that have this feature. They are currently not cheap but
might be worth a look, then checking out the models on the newsgroups
to find if suitable for SIP.

Having set up an e60 at a site. I can tell you that it seems to work and
that the batteries really don't last very long.