nice?

Old March 7th 07, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

Default nice?

has anyone experienced the new Fritzbox 7170?

How does it work?

Thanks

Old March 7th 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

robert wrote:
has anyone experienced the new Fritzbox 7170?

How does it work?

It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version is due out next week.
Old March 7th 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version is due out next week.

hehehehehhee...... )

apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

thnaks

Old March 7th 07, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"robert" wrote in message
ps.com
It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
is due out next week.

hehehehehhee...... )

apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

thnaks

The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

See www.avm.de/en for more info on the range. I can thoroughly recommend
them, I have been using the base model for over a year with no problems.

Ivor

Old March 7th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ps.com

It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
is due out next week.

hehehehehhee...... )

apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

thnaks

The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was the 'top of
the range'. What are the advantages of the 7140 over the 7050?

--

Andy

Old March 7th 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 7 Mar 2007 12:19:21 -0800, "Andy Lord"
wrote:

On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ps.com

It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
is due out next week.

hehehehehhee...... )

apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

thnaks

The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was the 'top of
the range'. What are the advantages of the 7140 over the 7050?

4 LAN connections but only 2 phone ports.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 8th 07, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Andy Lord" wrote in message
oups.com
On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ps.com

It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion
version is due out next week.

hehehehehhee...... )

apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

thnaks

The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can
have up to 10 SIP accounts and depending on the model
up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The 7170 is at the
moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't
be used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment.
The top of the range at the moment as far as the UK
market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2 phone ports
and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK,
but I'm told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was
the 'top of the range'. What are the advantages of the
7140 over the 7050?

Differences largely as follows:

7050 - 2 LAN ports, 1 USB (computer) port, 3 phone ports (1 of which is
wired rather than an RJ11 socket). It also has a port that can connect to
an ISDN line.

7140 - 4 LAN ports and the USB port is a host for connecting a printer or
external hard drive rather than a computer. Only 2 phone ports, no ISDN.

7170 (not available in Annex A as yet) - 4 LAN ports, 3 phone ports, ISDN
port, USB host port - in other words the best of both the above, which is
why I'm waiting..!

Ivor

Old March 8th 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
"Andy Lord" wrote in message

oups.com

On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ups.com

[...]

in case i need just a phone adapter, with 3 analogic ports, the 7050
would be the right one?

Old March 8th 07, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

On Mar 8, 4:41 pm, "robert" wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:

"Andy Lord" wrote in message

roups.com

On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ups.com

[...]

would be the right one?- Hide quoted text -

It works fine, be aware though that the 3rd port is hard-wired as Ivor
mentioned. It works fine screwed to the wall with the wires leading
straight into a junction box but I'm not so sure how it would fare if
it was on a desk or shelf for example.

It also functions as a very useful 3 line PBX, albeit with fairly
limited features. I particularly like the call blocking feature which
sends blacklisted numbers an engaged tone.

--

Andy

Old March 8th 07, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"robert" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
"Andy Lord" wrote in message

oups.com

On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ups.com

[...]

Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have to
use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.

It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in the
third socket.