Virgin option 1 Is there a phone fault number

Old March 7th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Virgin option 1 Is there a phone fault number

I am on option 1 with included bundled UK telephone calls. Now I cannot
phone out on the BT line as it says this service is not supported on this
line, still ok on incoming calls.

Only calls I can make are via Skype and virgin only have 0906 numbers which
are not supported by skype. Virgins email fault form is for adsl & emails
etc nothing for phone service.

I emailed their account department as I couldn't get through any other way
but that could be a long while in getting answered. I am in a remote spot so
have no access to any other phone apart from my mobile and thats only payg
and have to stand out side to use it.

I was wondering if they have a problem with BT as well as with Sky.

Just used skype to contact BT using 0800800151 option 9 - call was answered
within 20 seconds and young lady said even though I wasn't one of their
customers she would have it checked out and call me back shortly. In the
meantime I can dial 1280 to phone out. Now why don't Virgin put that on
their website help files, would have saved time.

Old March 7th 07, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Mike wrote:
In the
meantime I can dial 1280 to phone out. Now why don't Virgin put that on
their website help files, would have saved time.

That would mean them effectively saying "to use a competitor to route
your calls, simply prefix any call with 1280" - Do you think that's likely?
Old March 7th 07, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"Jono" wrote in message
news
Mike wrote:
In the
meantime I can dial 1280 to phone out. Now why don't Virgin put that on
their website help files, would have saved time.

That would mean them effectively saying "to use a competitor to route your
calls, simply prefix any call with 1280" - Do you think that's likely?

I eventaully thought'sod it' and phoned Virgin on their 0906 number at 25p
per minute to tell them they had again cocked up my telephone line and yes,
the lady I spoke to asked if I knew that I could dial 1280 to make outgoing
calls. Obviously saves them money if I pay BT for calls that I have already
paid virgin for.
It is obviously going to be better to go back to BT in the long term as you
can contact them for free, unlike virgin who rake in 25p per minute
everytime they cock up their service. Just wondering now how bad does it
have to get before I can cancel without paying the cancellation fee.

Old March 8th 07, 06:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
That Man!

"Mike" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
news
Mike wrote:
[...]

================================================== ===============================

Sounds to me like they have not kept to the contract, therefore, in theory
you should be able to leave as they have not fulfilled their part of the
(verbal?) contract.

I too am with Virgin, on option 2, I was not told at 'sign up' that all
calls would have to be routed via Virgin at all times, they (Virgin)charged
a 6p connection fee daytime, BT only 3p I believe.

I wish I had been told all this before sign up. One thing though, as opposed
to NTL whom I was with before, they do actually answer the telephone and if
you speak loud enough they do listen!!!

Brian (Huddersfield)

Old March 8th 07, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"That Man!" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
news
Mike wrote:
[...]

Hi Brian - Do you phone them on the 0906 numbers or do you know of any
standard rate numbers?

Old March 8th 07, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
That Man!

"Mike" wrote in message

"That Man!" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
news Mike wrote:
[...]

Hi Mike

No, I won't use the 0906 out of principle (I'd have to be really desperate)
I used the standard 0845 number, which I can't seem to put my hand on at
this moment, if you want the number, email me back later and I'll find it.

What I did find was, at times you had to stand your ground with them, I
asked to speak to the manager a couple of times, .... that usually got
things moving.

Brian )

Old March 11th 07, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

Hi Mike

No, I won't use the 0906 out of principle (I'd have to be really
desperate) I used the standard 0845 number, which I can't seem to put my
hand on at this moment, if you want the number, email me back later and
I'll find it.

What I did find was, at times you had to stand your ground with them, I
asked to speak to the manager a couple of times, .... that usually got
things moving.

Brian )

Email sent

Might me worthwhile searching on here for another number...
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Sparks...