cheapest ever

Old March 7th 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

Default cheapest ever

what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south america?

I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i do care for
the cost per month or per page in sending faxes.

thanks
Vinnie

Old March 7th 07, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com
what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south
america?

I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i
do care for the cost per month or per page in sending
faxes.

thanks
Vinnie

Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
anyway, it's very hit & miss.

Ivor

Old March 8th 07, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart

Ivor Jones wrote:

Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
anyway, it's very hit & miss.

Then I must advise Ivor to try Sipgate ;-)

Our office has no problem sending faxes worldwide through our Win2k server
modem into a Grandstream ATA286 on a Sipgate account.

YMMV,
Stuart

Old March 8th 07, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Stuart" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective
for sending faxes anyway, it's very hit & miss.

Then I must advise Ivor to try Sipgate ;-)

Our office has no problem sending faxes worldwide through
our Win2k server modem into a Grandstream ATA286 on a
Sipgate account.

I have tried it occasionally, but I rarely have a need to send/receive
faxes. Yes, it did work fine when I tried it on Sipgate ;-)

Ivor

Old March 8th 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

On Mar 7, 6:02 pm, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
"robert" wrote in message

ups.com

what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south
america?

I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i
do care for the cost per month or per page in sending
faxes.

thanks
Vinnie

Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
anyway, it's very hit & miss.

I've just noticed that I've been sending faxes via Voipcheap for the
last week without realising it. I've not had a single problem.
Slightly ironic after all the time and trouble I spent trying to get a
Vonage 'dedicated fax line' to function properly.

--

Andy

Old March 8th 07, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henry Hooray

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south america?

I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i do care for
the cost per month or per page in sending faxes.

thanks
Vinnie

Have a look at http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php for the
cheapest way to use 'normal' BT telephones and faxes to dial both within the
UK and abroad.

Examples (and I think these are all rounded to the second): USA 1p/min,
Canada 0.5p/min, Brazil 1p/min, Argentina 0.5p/min, Chile 1p/min, Ecuador
4p/min, Mexico 3p/min. None of these require any sort of signing up
whatsoever, no contracts, you can dial 141 to hide your telephone number
from the suppliers, no pitfalls.

IMHO it's just not worth mucking about with voip to send faxes - and indeed
more often than not outgoing calls can be significantly cheaper using the
numbers on the site above.

Having said that, I am also a happy voip user myself, currently with
accounts with three different suppliers.

Henry.