Mad at Voipfone..been cut off

Old March 7th 07, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Mad at Voipfone..been cut off

So I have been sing the praises of voipfone for a while now, they have been
rock solid with great call quality
with great functions like PSTN fall back and Divertion services.

Then all of a sudden, by chance I find incoming line does not work, I can
make outgoing but incoming line rings and answers but is silent (caller
paying for the call) test around and even try the divert all calls function
same thing.

So send off an email to support and find I have been cut off. I had no
warning what so ever. turns out, my line rental has not been paid from last
Nov. Rather than inform me about this either that the money was owed or what
they intended to do, they just cut me off. Now the really odd thing is I
have credit in my account, Since that date I have topped up my account and
even have a credit card on file for auto top up, which has been sucked of at
least 40 or 50 since Nov.

I have been told to add credit to regain the service. So how the F*&k do I
stop this from happening again. From what I have seen on teh website there
is only place to add credit, There is no option for call credit and line
rental credit. How can tell the system not to use that credit for calls but
for the line rental.

This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided sipgate etc
because I wanted a decent product. This has made me out to look like a prize
idiot to my customer, I do not even know how long I have been down as
outgoing calls still work and how much work I may have lost.

Still Fuming

RH

Old March 7th 07, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"RH" wrote in message

[snip]

This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided
sipgate etc because I wanted a decent product. This has
made me out to look like a prize idiot to my customer, I
do not even know how long I have been down as outgoing
calls still work and how much work I may have lost.
Still Fuming

Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
of a year.

Ivor

Old March 7th 07, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Ivor Jones wrote:
Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
of a year.

I don't think you need to renew a sipgate number.

You do at Voipfone, but they send a lot of email reminders and there are
warnings in red in the control panel.

Tim
Old March 7th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"RH" wrote in message

[snip]

This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided
sipgate etc because I wanted a decent product. This has
made me out to look like a prize idiot to my customer, I
do not even know how long I have been down as outgoing
calls still work and how much work I may have lost.
Still Fuming

Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
of a year.

I have got to admit not had any major problems with Sipgate but there are a
lot of negative noise about them. which I have to bear in mind as I need a
provider who will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming number.
As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my mobile calls. With my
Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone
number to my mobile

Old March 8th 07, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"RH" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"RH" wrote in message

[snip]

This really sucks, I use the line for business, I
avoided sipgate etc because I wanted a decent
product. This has made me out to look like a prize
idiot to my customer, I do not even know how long I
have been down as outgoing calls still work and how
much work I may have lost. Still Fuming

Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been
problem-free for the best part of a year.

I have got to admit not had any major problems with
Sipgate but there are a lot of negative noise about them.
which I have to bear in mind as I need a provider who
will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming
number. As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my
mobile calls. With my Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed
the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone number to my
mobile

I've been using them since they first started in the UK around 2 years
ago. They did have more than their fair share of problems in the first
year but these have largely been sorted out, despite the efforts of a
certain poster (who isn't even a customer) to prove otherwise.

Ivor

Old March 8th 07, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Tim" wrote in message
Ivor Jones wrote:
Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best
part of a year.

I don't think you need to renew a sipgate number.

You do at Voipfone, but they send a lot of email reminders and there are
warnings in red in the control panel.

I checked my email system, I got one email reminder which I thought I had
acted on by buying more credit only way I could see to pay for it. and the
warnings in red were all for expired extension serviced I had cancelled 6
months ago not the line rental.

Old March 8th 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
keymaster

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"RH" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"RH" wrote in message

[snip]

This really sucks, I use the line for business, I
avoided sipgate etc because I wanted a decent
product. This has made me out to look like a prize
idiot to my customer, I do not even know how long I
have been down as outgoing calls still work and how
much work I may have lost. Still Fuming

Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been
problem-free for the best part of a year.

I have got to admit not had any major problems with
Sipgate but there are a lot of negative noise about them.
which I have to bear in mind as I need a provider who
will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming
number. As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my
mobile calls. With my Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed
the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone number to my
mobile

Hi
Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer isnt
so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and anytime I
have called Chris has been 100%.
cheers
Roy

Old March 9th 07, 08:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Hi
Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and
anytime I have called Chris has been 100%.
cheers
Roy

For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

Old March 9th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"RH" wrote in message

Hi
Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor
a while and recommended to many people but after a
dispute I changed myself and my friends over to
voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable
and reliable and anytime I have called Chris has been
100%. cheers
Roy

For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I
have subbed to. problem is I have an incoming number with
voipfone which I can not really change. and I do not
think VOIP number porting is possible yet

It depends on the provider. Gradwell can port in numbers and I think
Sipgate can too, but I've never tried it.

Ivor

Old March 9th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"RH" wrote in message

Hi
Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and
anytime I have called Chris has been 100%.
cheers
Roy

For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

VoIP number porting can be possible. I have done it between Vonage and
voip.co.uk and I think it was made easier because they used the same carrier
(Gamma). It is worth checking the carrier out the carrier of your number in
the UK phone code locator (www.ukphoneinfo.com) and finding a good provider
using the same carrier to stand a better chance of porting.