Old August 9th 18, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pancho

Default VOiP in home with analogue phone line

On 09/08/2018 16:36, Andy Hawkins wrote:
Hi all,

We currently have a Virgin Media analogue phone line, connected to a DECT
base station which provides answerphone, caller ID and phone service to a
number of Dect handsets around the house.

If I wanted to keep the analogue line, is there a device I can plug into the
analogue phone line, that will then give me VOIP service within my home. I
envisage this device connecting to my local network (wired or wireless would
be fine) and allow me to plug in either 'fixed' VOIP phones, or use the
service via an app on mobile devices.

In terms of functionality, I'd like:

* Caller display
* Answerphone
* Ability to connect VOIP phone(s) to my network to receive service, each
having their own 'extension number'
* Means to receive calls to my home number via my mobile (ideally both when
at home and out and about)
* Ability to transfer calls between either physical handsets or 'mobile'
apps

Does such a device exists? I've tried googling, but all I seem to come up
with are high end devices aimed at providing services to a business (and
hence having a lot more functionality than I realistically need).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

The easiest way to achieve what you appear to want is to drop the Virgin
Media phone and port the number to a voip service, something like
Sipgate and then use only voip.

However theoretically I think you could achieve what you actually asked
for with a Linksys SPA3000.

I bought one 11 years ago and it has sat on a shelf unused for the last
10 years. It was too fiddly.

Instead I use a Siemens Gigaset n300 and haven't used my analogue phone
line for about 10 years, even though I could if I wanted to. I just
don't see any point. Sipgate do an answer service.