Old August 14th 18, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

Default VOiP in home with analogue phone line

On Thursday, 9 August 2018 16:36:46 UTC+1, Andy Hawkins wrote:
Hi all,

We currently have a Virgin Media analogue phone line, connected to a DECT
base station which provides answerphone, caller ID and phone service to a
number of Dect handsets around the house.

If I wanted to keep the analogue line, is there a device I can plug into the
analogue phone line, that will then give me VOIP service within my home. I
envisage this device connecting to my local network (wired or wireless would
be fine) and allow me to plug in either 'fixed' VOIP phones, or use the
service via an app on mobile devices.

In terms of functionality, I'd like:

* Caller display
* Answerphone
* Ability to connect VOIP phone(s) to my network to receive service, each
having their own 'extension number'
* Means to receive calls to my home number via my mobile (ideally both when
at home and out and about)
* Ability to transfer calls between either physical handsets or 'mobile'
apps

Does such a device exists? I've tried googling, but all I seem to come up
with are high end devices aimed at providing services to a business (and
hence having a lot more functionality than I realistically need).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

Fritzbox 7390 (and others) allows one analogue phone line in, connects to as many VOIP accounts as you could need and presents the whole lot as a DECT base-station and a SIP server on your internal network, including allowing calls to/from your mobile over wifi via an app.